Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member JulietRosalieMelusine's Avatar

Anyone feel like Feyspeakers sucks, but are cool at the same time

They got cool class name
    they fit in the theme of the game
    they use charisma instead wisdom

There's cool druid portrait, but she's black & I can't connect totally with that portrait

But mechanically, they suuuuuuck!
    Would it be better to create Elf Druid? Can Elf druid wear longswords? Are bows worthy for druids?

I'm also considering multiclass:
    Druid/Monk - cha based
    Druid/Sylvan sorcerer
    Druid/Thundercaller - I know this would be suckish, but at least would be more unique build
    --- your feyspeaker build idea!!!

What do you prefer?

An optimised/ strong character or a cool concept?

Senior Member JulietRosalieMelusine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpophorus View Post
    What do you prefer?

An optimised/ strong character or a cool concept?
    Strong character, but willing to trade it for decentish but cool.

I am not very fond of druids and the feyspeaker druid makes this class even worse (for me). You give up a lot, but don't get much in return.
    If you want a Charisma based character better try something else.

You could be a normal druid and dip one level into monk, very early. This makes sense (kind of) if you want to go into combat and (should) use wild shape a lot.
    Druids donīt get much armor class, their armor selection is limited and because you already need decent Strength, Constitution and Wisdom scores, you will find it difficult to get a high Dexterity (and Charisma) score. However, dipping one level into monk would let you add your Wisdom modifier to AC in exchange for no armor at all. Try finding Bracers of Armor early in the game and you should be okayish. Later you will also find monk robes.

But why no Monk of the Scaled fist, why no Feyspeaker? You trade of wild shape and get it two levels later as normal druids would. And for not being able to fight, you don't need to dip into monk.

Dragon Style, Power Attack, Toughness, Dodge, Dragon Ferocity, these are feats jumping to my mind you would be needing.

Oh, and choose animal companion.

Oh, and you can actually find a very good Scimitar for such a build at the giggling hills. Scimitar of the bear god if I recall correctly.

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    Well for me i go with sylvan sorcerer druid with mystic theurge prestige class but i cheat to make this build work for me on portraits here is two portrait packs that will solve your problem
    https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/55
    https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/5
    Last edited by The Infinity Sock; 12-03-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Hmm I can not really comprehend. You give up spontanous summoning and loose of your 1/6 BAB progression. Nothing else. It is not really meant to be melee-oriented so later wildshape is not that bad either.

You gain however a major party-face and few good illusion buffs/debuffs that boost up a pretty defensive build. IMHO totally worth it if you like a heavy casterclass. I use my AC-leopard as damage dealer so support/caster druid works very well in general.

Here is the build I have in mind.
    Kindly be aware that this is a mercenary, which I did not fully equip.

Last edited by Karpophorus; 12-04-2018 at 08:29 PM.

@ alexandh@gmx.de:
    Matter of personal preference. I donīt like this class archetype. If I want to be a caster with low BAB progression, Iīll pick wizard or sorcerer.
    Also you donīt need Charisma as party face.

Most archetypes are generally downgrades from vanilla with some notable exceptions (Alchemists has some really potent archetypes)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast