Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar

A Idea For A Dlc

I had this idea for a pathfinder kingmaker dlc but do to copyright i don't think this will happen elminster mordenkainen and iggwilv in a battle royale and your character stick in the middle of it a pity it will not happen i would love to play a dlc like that i know mordenkainen and iggwilv are from greyhawk but there are hints that iggwilv was one of the queens of irrisen who was the only queen to fight back against baba yaga and live to tell the tale

You do realize that all 3 are copyrighted and Paizo (or Owlcat for that same reason) do not have the right to use any of these 3 chars? It is alright to ba a fan of those 3 but do not expect them in Pathfinder since the OGL only surrounds the rules not the settings and their inhabitants. Those are still restricted to copyright.

Basically Paizo can use names and characters that are from legends and fairytails. Since those are common way older then D&D and not copyrighted. Thats why the one Pathfinder adventure-path has in fact Baba Yaga in it, but they would be prohibited from those other 3.

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandh@gmx.de View Post
    You do realize that all 3 are copyrighted and Paizo (or Owlcat for that same reason) do not have the right to use any of these 3 chars? It is alright to ba a fan of those 3 but do not expect them in Pathfinder since the OGL only surrounds the rules not the settings and their inhabitants. Those are still restricted to copyright.

Basically Paizo can use names and characters that are from legends and fairytails. Since those are common way older then D&D and not copyrighted. Thats why the one Pathfinder adventure-path has in fact Baba Yaga in it, but they would be prohibited from those other 3.
    Yes i do realize three of them are copyrighted that's why i said i don't think it will happen what there could do is have the the runelords have a battle royale i have always liked the runelords there are like the red wizards of thay but more badass it's a good way to get the mythic feats for our characters
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T43E5KSwTzE
    Last edited by The Infinity Sock; 12-19-2018 at 08:08 AM.