Email asking for address

So, two days ago, I received this email from team@owlcatgames.com :

We need additional information

Hello,

we need your phone number and full address to send you collector's eddition

Best Regards,
    Owlcat Team
    team@owlcatgames.com
    This seemed weird, as I already had completed that information on their website and saved it a long time ago. I responded:

"I already entered and saved that information at: owlcat.com/preorder
    You can't see it there?"
    They haven't responded to this mail or the question I asked them about it on twitter. Did anybody also get this email?

I already got a couple mails like that, too, and at this point I presume they are just sent out by a bot choosing one pre-written message from some list, as answering them like you did has absolutely no effect whatsoever. This might just be an attempt to look busy and create some excuse so it can be claimed there is a reason for no physical stuff getting sent to people, who knows. The lack of human responses certainly does not paint a pretty picture, but then again, people might just get paid to randomly write those mails without reacting to them at all.

In the meantime for lack of a better idea I will probably have to keep answering them with the same answer every single time, pointing towards Owlcat's own website, where my details can easily be found if anyone actually ever cared to find them.

All that of course is on the basis of the mail actually coming from Owlcat. A quick look at the header showed mail.ru as sending address, which should be a possible source server.
    Last edited by Ethaks; 12-16-2018 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Added disclaimer in case of actual third-party scam

Hello there,

nope, we don't get paid for sending out random messages (and why would we?).

This does look like a glitch in a bot the people who run "team@owlcatgames.com" e-mail are using to contact those who still haven't given us their shipping info. I'll contact them to make sure.

Same here. A few weeks ago i got an email telling me that they need my phone number (i realized i really hadn't filled in that line on the website) so i added it. A few days ago i got the same email suddenly telling me that they need my phone number and full address.

I've talked to the folks who run team@owlcatgames - it seems it was a combination of factors, including misunderstandings when talking to those responsible for delivery, wanting to double-check on some info, etc. We'll do our best to not bother you with more mail than absolutely necessary.

My collectors edition "should" be sent late october. Yet nothing so far.
    Now I know that tracking them was not an option, but is it possible to simply claim another dvd-game since obviously nothing yet has arrived? We can not refund a thing we have not yet recieved so sending a botched or damaged case back is not possible without the package at all.

Should we wait until 2019 or any date? And confirmation that ALL are sent and we can claim another one after like 4 weeks of notingness?

If you don't receive your copy of the game after we've sent everything out, and after your local post service provider has had a fair chance to deliver the package, we'll definitely intervene and come up with a way to fix this. However, as of yet, it is far too early to speak of this - packages still come to people every day. Don't worry, there's a 99.9% chacne your stuff is simply still on its way.