Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member Steppenwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    141

    This game needs a better way to recover kingdom stability...

    Im already between act V and VI and im stuck at "worried" since the ever blooming flower, because the random event that raises stability never appeared again, even though i managed the kingdom well enough to avoid stability loss (other than the scripted ones).
    I didnt even knew there were a "serene" status until i read in a wiki.
    Im annoyed that im doing everything right and cant get rid of a penalty just because of bad luck and poor game design (on that part, the overall game is great).
    If we can do nothing to recover, at least scripted penaties to stability should be temporary.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    152
    Sorry, but probably you aren't "doing everything right", you are simply doing acceptably.
    I had the same problem with my first playthrough, now I am in the second and my status has always been "serene". The key is raising your advisors rank as fast as possible, so that you suceed at almost all checks without the need to save scum.
    The way to rise the advisors ranks rapidly is to add new regions as fast as possible and build the appropriate buildings and appropriate the blue resource sites. Then the bonus from the raised rank allow you to make the checks, and making the checks allow you to get more point and rise the rank. It is a self feeding positive cycle.

    Note that is worth spending your money for that. In time you get it back thanks to the crafters' gifts.

  3. #3
    The system needs an overhaul in all the aspects. A game where doing "acceptably instead of everything right" implies losing your 80 hours of gameplay is simply unacceptable.

    I think the idea has potential but the execution is horrendous.

  4. #4
    There is a significant lack of stability increase opportunities, indeed.
    My original run (starting at release) had to be abandoned due to kingdom stats stuck a Worried or below
    (WTH is with the 1000BP improvement project too? that thing should be 10% of that cost)

    Second run through and knowing what to do has been MUCH better; even hit Serene in Act 6.

    The positive cycle may be self feeding, but so is the negative cycle. The more you fail, the harder it gets to succeed. It really feels like excessive punishment.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefrenzy@gmail.com View Post
    The system needs an overhaul in all the aspects. A game where doing "acceptably instead of everything right" implies losing your 80 hours of gameplay is simply unacceptable.

    I think the idea has potential but the execution is horrendous.
    The first game I have reached the end even if my kingdom was at negative -1 or -2 for most of the game. Doing "acceptably instead of everything right" allow you to win. Simply your kingdom isn't the greatest one possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by theparkside View Post
    There is a significant lack of stability increase opportunities, indeed.
    My original run (starting at release) had to be abandoned due to kingdom stats stuck a Worried or below
    (WTH is with the 1000BP improvement project too? that thing should be 10% of that cost)

    Second run through and knowing what to do has been MUCH better; even hit Serene in Act 6.

    The positive cycle may be self feeding, but so is the negative cycle. The more you fail, the harder it gets to succeed. It really feels like excessive punishment.
    I played almost a whole game with my kingdom at worried. It increase the difficulty of managing the kingdom and even require to save before checking the result of the work of an advisor, buy it is doable.
    Last edited by Caine; 01-03-2019 at 05:44 PM.

  6. #6
    If you don't mind getting the "you're kind of broke" ending slide, then one possible way to get the kingdom to serene is to - once your treasurer asks you about taxing imports - choose no taxes instead. Apart from getting far less bp, this will improve unrest by 1 every month, making it very easy to keep the people happy, even when monster hordes are rampaging everywhere. Doesn't make much sense, but hey.

  7. #7
    Choose the low taxes option early in the game from your treasurer... it's an immediate +1 bump
    If your kingdom is Chaotic.. you can choose a "no tax" option, and that causes you to bump +1 step every month or so (it's the ultimate WIN strategy for kingdoms)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The first game I have reached the end even if my kingdom was at negative -1 or -2 for most of the game. Doing "acceptably instead of everything right" allow you to win. Simply your kingdom isn't the greatest one possible.
    I am not certain of what's your point. How your personal outcome fixes mine where I chose always the best possible options and I got 3 game overs? The only thing that means it's even worse than what it looks at first glace.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefrenzy@gmail.com View Post
    I am not certain of what's your point. How your personal outcome fixes mine where I chose always the best possible options and I got 3 game overs? The only thing that means it's even worse than what it looks at first glace.
    My experience shows that you can win even if you have some unrest for most of the game.
    Seeing your post in the other thread about the game speed, are you sure your mod doesn't touch something it shouldn't, like doubling the time spent on kingdom affairs?

    You can turn on the "invincible kingdom" option (even mid-game) and you will not fail for problems in the kingdom management.

  10. #10
    Community Manager k0tarsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    246
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, people! I'm gathering feedback at the moment, and I'll make sure this reaches the game designers' ears (or should I say eyes?..) We're still looking into the balance of kingdom mechanics, and stability is one of the things we may adjust in the future.
    Also, we're conducting a poll on the most frustrating issue with kingdom management at the moment, so be sure to weigh in!
    https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showt...agement-Issues

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •