Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please, speed up the game. a lot.

Backer here.

I don't know how fast or slow were games in 1997 but we are not there. The game runs terribly slow. Out of the more than 100 hours it took me to finish, half of it was waiting for the PCs to move around at old woman speed. Most of the time I was reading news on my phone waiting for the characters to travel.

I made some tests tweaking the game speed. I set it to x1.5 and it felt glorious. I set it to x2.0 and the attack animations were broken but that moving speed felt very good. I returned back to x1.0 and I was wondering if I was under the slow spell but in a literal way.

Please, speed up the game and add a run option like in other modern CRPGs that already noticed that 1997s CRPG players have jobs and children and cannot waste 1 or 2 minutes to push a button at the other side of the map. Stretching the game's lenght by making the players to waste their times is usually not the best idea.

Running is not the real problem, waiting time for loading screens is, especially those for capital and kingdom management.

I caste Haste a lot to get across the map back to the "exit"
    There's a 3rd party mod that lets you exit the map from anywhere
    Also... please no mazes. The maze in Vordakai's tomb is annoying with the slow movement speed + crappy pathfinding (no pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Torinus View Post
    Running is not the real problem, waiting time for loading screens is, especially those for capital and kingdom management.
    Certainly both things are issues. Fixing loading times is probably something relatively hard to achieve while changing walking speed should be a piece of cake in comparison. All those mazes where you have to travel across several rooms to press switches are nice but they are tedious. Even my wife told me when I was watching some videos if the video recording was lagging. No, it's like that.

I don't understand you folk ... Want you play an RPG or a race game ?

The combat to me is too fast, i play with pause on every turn to study the next move ...

I love to travel the map and search all angle ...

I love the maze dungeon! I hate the linear one where the only problem is monster!

Love this game as is in speed and travel pace.

Quote Originally Posted by mauro.sartori@gmx.com View Post
    I don't understand you folk ... Want you play an RPG or a race game ?

The combat to me is too fast, i play with pause on every turn to study the next move ...

I love to travel the map and search all angle ...

I love the maze dungeon! I hate the linear one where the only problem is monster!

Love this game as is in speed and travel pace.
    I don't think I am being unreasonable when talking for starting a debate with falacies. I never said anything about what you are saying. I also love to travel the maps and search in every angle and that doesn't mean it has to be at baby speed, which is a nonsense to compare that with a racing game. I love the maze dungeon and precisely that's why a better speed will improve the dungen itself letting the players to focus in the puzzle solve rather than in sitting idle. And I am certain you love the game as it is and if the game were released with a 50% more walking speed and a run button you would have love it exactly the same and you would have never noticed anything wrong because faster walking speed is not bad, quite the opposite.

So, if you like it as it is now, what about a speed control in the options menu that allows each player to adjust it as they feel? This way you could stay playing at your pace but other people doesn't have to be dragged down for it? Wouldn't that be a more constructive debate?
    Last edited by bluefrenzy@gmail.com; 01-04-2019 at 10:51 AM.

bluefrenzy, you can call it fallacies, but what Mauro said is exactly how your post sound. You said " I set it to x2.0 and the attack animations were broken but that moving speed felt very good. " For you having the combat end in a blur is positive, if that allow you to move faster, for Marco, me, and I suppose other people, that would destroy the game. We like to think what we are doing, expecially in combat.

I can agree that an option to enter "travel speed" and move at a higher speed would be nice when traveling some dungeon you have already cleared, but it don't make that big a difference for me.
    Moving through the mountains at a slow pace is tedious, but it reflects the simple fact that you are slower. I find the speed of the game fully agreeable.
    Last edited by Caine; 01-04-2019 at 02:02 PM.

An option to speed it up like 50% would be satisfying for those that want a speed up in a place you visit a second/third time. But it should not be the standart setting!

What really drags gamespeed to a crawl is not the movement itself it is the fact that build a single house, you first have to move to your kingdom-map then load the kingdom menu, then the city and finally build it and reload all the maps to exit again...

Most of them do not serve a real purpose especially all the loading screens between. I would like a simple "Kingdom" button in the general menu that lets you do everything in 1 frame without all the loading between. It may not be as shiny as it currently is but waaaay more practical. Only the public visits and certain events should require you to personally attend the map in your stronghold.
    IMHO all the loading, the different screens and the missing kingdom rules are the main reason why so many see the current kingdom management as an annoyance with little purpose.

alexandh@gmx.de, I agree with what you say, but some of those animations and graphics have a function. Like the blue icon on the Events card that signify "something that you should resolve di direct intervention".

As an example, a button/door to leave the throne room and go directly to the overland map would remove the need to load the capital landscape and the need to move through the city, but there are several events that trigger when you move through the city map.
    The Kingdom management interface has stuff that is there only to make it more pleasant to the eye, but for a lot of people, the graphics are a selling point. I would appreciate it even with semplified grapics, but I think a lot of people will protest.

I agree! If you would a buttom on the setting to change your "travel" speed ok, but not force more speed to other. The great choice of the dev is the lot of custom setting so anyone could play as he wish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast