Is Harrim hurting himself?

I found a weird bug with Harrim. When we go to leave the capital, I see all of the characters are at full health EXCEPT Harrim, who is often halfway or just has a few hit points. This is after many days of resting and recovering spells.

Or maybe this is not another bug? He seems very depressed and nihilistic. Is this foreshadowing a plotline later where I find he has been hurting himself while we are home?
    Last edited by ottenhoffj@yahoo.com; 01-04-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Check out his equipment. I think someone had a similar problem and a weapon or an item was responsible.

He had the Grim Finale club equipped and then removed? It cast finger of death when removed.

I think there is no other equipment that does that.

There's a lot of Evidence in Game that harrim's a recovering alcoholic. But i don't think there's any that he engages in self-harm?

He has the Grim Finale equipped. It seems there is a bug that is treating it as unequipped when resting at the capital and it casting Finger of Death of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ottenhoffj@yahoo.com View Post
    He has the Grim Finale equipped. It seems there is a bug that is treating it as unequipped when resting at the capital and it casting Finger of Death of him.
    In my party Jaethal has it equipped and there is no problem with that. In theory Finger of death deal "damage", not negative energy damage, so she shouldn't be immune, but she seem to be.
    As soon as she takes damage I will try to see if unequipping it cure her.

Tested, apparently Jaethal is immune to Grim finale damage, but she isn't healed by it.
    Last edited by Caine; 01-05-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Undead are immune to death magic which is what Finger of Death is.

Quote Originally Posted by ottenhoffj@yahoo.com View Post
    Undead are immune to death magic which is what Finger of Death is.
    Yes, you have the correct answer, she is immune to death effects.

The first time I equipped her with the weapon, in September, she suffered some damage when I unequipped Grim Finale, so that was corrected in one of the patches.
    Last edited by Caine; 01-16-2019 at 09:31 PM.