Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar

Political Marriage Request

Could you owlcat add in the next dlc or in a stand alone expansion the option to have political marriage in kingmaker as this option would work really real in a game were you can make your own kingdom when i first played this game i was kinda surprised by the fact that you did not add this in a game were you can make your own kingdom i would have liked the idea of marrying queen elvanna of irrisen as you can have a good trade deal with irrisen also to explain why it should be in this game here is a vid on the matter it's from game of thrones but it does makes some good points on political marriage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVSJam2ZB_0

Agreed. Itīd be a cool option.

Athough it could lead to some drama from companions being romanced.

I'd totally marry King Castruccio Irovetti with my current character - Chaotic Neutral who has consistently allied with bandits, trolls, goblins, and the like. If I were to write the story, I'd add it as an option AFTER certain plot developments, as a way to reconcile things.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    Agreed. Itīd be a cool option.

Athough it could lead to some drama from companions being romanced.
    I could see that happening in dragon age origins you can marry queen anora and if you have romance with one of your companions it leads to some good scenes
    Last edited by The Infinity Sock; 01-08-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Probably add a new npc who has the role of 'Matchmaker' (idea from one of DA Inquisition war table quest)

The Matchmaker would let you see a list of eligible rulers (or heirs) and make 'arrangements' in solidifying ties with said potential suitor and his/her nation (along with the pro and con of such alliance). There you can either accept or decline her idea of political marriage.

And I think there should be different 'terms and conditions apply' from each suitors as well.

Lets say Iroveti wouldn't mind letting you have a side lover as long as he can assert a degree of control over your region. Or Maegar Varn would welcome the idea of political marriage with you, with the condition of you braking ties over previous romantic relationship (if you have one). In short, each has their own 'laundry list' that needs to be met.

.. And there should be differing reactions from the romanced companions when you made such decision (wether you accept/decline the Matchmaker's idea) I can see Tristian and Valerie calling off the romance if you agree (or get a cheesy dialogue if you decline :D) while Octavia and Reg will end the romance / keep it a secret / became the official side romance of the Baron[ess] depending on how you play your cards.

.. just my idea. Sorry for the long post :p

Quote Originally Posted by close2myheart View Post
    Probably add a new npc who has the role of 'Matchmaker' (idea from one of DA Inquisition war table quest)

The Matchmaker would let you see a list of eligible rulers (or heirs) and make 'arrangements' in solidifying ties with said potential suitor and his/her nation (along with the pro and con of such alliance). There you can either accept or decline her idea of political marriage.

And I think there should be different 'terms and conditions apply' from each suitors as well.

Lets say Iroveti wouldn't mind letting you have a side lover as long as he can assert a degree of control over your region. Or Maegar Varn would welcome the idea of political marriage with you, with the condition of you braking ties over previous romantic relationship (if you have one). In short, each has their own 'laundry list' that needs to be met.

.. And there should be differing reactions from the romanced companions when you made such decision (wether you accept/decline the Matchmaker's idea) I can see Tristian and Valerie calling off the romance if you agree (or get a cheesy dialogue if you decline :D) while Octavia and Reg will end the romance / keep it a secret / became the official side romance of the Baron[ess] depending on how you play your cards.

.. just my idea. Sorry for the long post :p
    That idea could work really real in this game don't worry about it being too long i have seen much longer posts on steam and on this website :)

I just thought that there should also be a little content for those who wouldn't take this route.
    Perhaps a 1 liner comment (or expression from their body language) from the romanced companion upon meeting the individual from the Matchmaker's list XD.

I'd like to know Valerie's reaction to Elvanna, knowing the Queen has written a letter to the Matchmaker wanting to marry her man XD

Quote Originally Posted by close2myheart View Post

I just thought that there should also be a little content for those who wouldn't take this route.
    Perhaps a 1 liner comment (or expression from their body language) from the romanced companion upon meeting the individual from the Matchmaker's list XD.

I'd like to know Valerie's reaction to Elvanna, knowing the Queen has written a letter to the Matchmaker wanting to marry her man XD
    That would be funny to see XD