Maddening impotence against Linxia the Hellknight

I have dialogue options to say "Get out of my kingdom."

I have dialogue options to say, "Guards! Seize her!"

Why do they have no more effect than if I was choosing dialogue options that went, "I mildly disapprove of your Order, if I can say so without giving offense"?

I was prepared for the second one to start an immediate fight; I wasn't prepared for her to simply be able to no-sell me, and it has no in-character explanation I can see.

Never fear, you'll eventually get to fight her!

I expected that, and that's not the point.

I get that they wanted their mini-boss to show up to fight when they want her fought and not before, but they should have given her some kind of magical escape method then. Replace her glaring and strolling away with "as your guards close in on her, she drinks a potion and vanishes." Or, if they absolutely had to do "she walks in and out of your capital freely and there's no in-character reason you don't impede her but you don't," not put in the dialogue options that logically lead to something a lot more immediately physical than "she glares at you and strolls away."
    Last edited by Beroli; 01-11-2019 at 03:37 PM.

This whole part made me grind my teeth in frustration, I'm the king goddammit! If I say your under arrest then by Iomedae your under arrest!