need help to decide how to build character (longsword 2 hand stance?)

Hello everyone,

been a while since I've come in this forum.

I've made a comeback to this game and wanted to make a paladin/cleric(crusader) build but I'm not sure which weapon I should go.

The mechanics I want to have is to be able to use longsword/shield for attrition fights, and then when the momentum of the fight is right ditch my shield and switch to my longsword with a 2handed stance.

so I remember in beta early access when you wielded a longsword with no shield the character would automatically assume a 2 hand stance with the longsword.

Yesterday, after doing alllllllll the build of my character which specializes in longsword, I noticed that my character didnt assume a 2hand stance with longsword, he keeps it one handed.

Is it something that has been changed since full release or merely a visual bug? I've searched through forums and all I could see is that bastard weapon would have the 2 handed stance but not the longsword. I'll take a look in the game if 2 hand stance bastard sword works.

Thanks for a quick answer, I'm pretty much waiting a confirmation before being able to continue my game :)

See you all.

edit : Just confirmed that there is no visual of a 2hand stance with bastard sword either, so I'm thinking it might be a visual bug? If someone could confirmed that longsword are able to make a 2hand stance I wouldn't mind the visual bug as it would be adjusted eventually, I just don't want to end up level 8 and realizing that it's not possible since there are no re-spec.
    Last edited by Patriarche; 01-11-2019 at 02:32 PM.

I think it is a visual bug. Check the damage in the character window.

heh, you're totally right, thanks a lot.

you know where I would report such a bug? Back then we had a special button for bug report but now I'm not sure.

Press F11 to report a bug... that works as of yesterday