An Idea about Camping and Towns

I love the description for Camping and with some modification, I think the system could also be used while spending the night in towns (camping in town).
    Most games you select rent a room or spend the night and poof it's morning. I'd like to be able to rent a room at the Inn and then have In-Town camping options. These would be things like go to bed early, go out drinking (with your companions or without), hang out at the bar (gather information). A bard might have the option to sing for his supper or a rogue might go pick-pocketing. There are plenty of other options that might be included and certainly some random encounters could occur. You might get in a bar brawl, get mugged, offered a quest, engage in a meaningful conversation with a companion or stranger, or spend the night in jail.

The purpose of this is much like camping, to add some flavor and role-play. Of course you can do many of these activities on your own, but I like the idea that there is some story telling involved not just clicking all of the map while in town and wandering around during the night and hoping something happens.

On a related note, I hope that we can engage in non-lethal combat (like a brawl) while in town and the guards won't go all 'Kill On Sight' on us, but instead give us a chance to surrender and spend the night in jail, or be subdued and have to go in front of a magistrate and/or be fined.

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    That does sound interesting! I'll make a note and tell the team about your suggestion. :)
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

We're the Baron, or the King. Why are we staying in inns? Don't we have our own house (at the very least)?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    We're the Baron, or the King. Why are we staying in inns? Don't we have our own house (at the very least)?
    I'd wager neither Nobility nor Royalty would own a house in every settlement across the world map. It's much easier to just stay at an hotel's royal suite for a night or two than wasting vast amount of tax money on aquiring random real estates that hold no strategic value. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    We will become baron or even king later.
    It is true that reason for baron, or king, to spend night outside his bed chambers doing quests in wild or staying in inn would be bit odd. But before we are in that state there is plenty of time. Allso while you are king/baron you need to lead your army at war or atleast some troops somewhere and during that time maybe sleep at (royal)tent.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Quote Originally Posted by Kamigoroshi View Post
    than wasting vast amount of tax money on aquiring random real estates that hold no strategic value. :)
    Russian officials will disagree with you))
    Sorry for off-top

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
    Allso while you are king/baron you need to lead your army at war or atleast some troops somewhere and during that time maybe sleep at (royal)tent.
    Mass Combat will not be :(