• no

1 3.85%
  • no i hate it

0 0%
  • I do not care

1 3.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Add more race and class specific dialgue options

As much as I love this game there is one thing the Pillars of Eternity games do so much better and that is character reactivity.

In POE characters react to your class, subclass, race subrace and even your origin.
    I really hope that you guys will add more reactivity like this in your next Pathfinder game, because it adds so much to the role playing experience when an NCP says or reacts differently towards your unique character. Or your chracter should have unique dialogue options because of he is a member of a specific race or class.

Could mods fix the polls spelling pls
    Last edited by Blood Dragon95; 01-17-2019 at 03:15 AM.

I think that the result will be "a bit" biased, as the people that will read this thread are mostly those that like the dialogue options, but Nice idea!

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    I think it is important to have specific dialogue in any game for race and class lets say owlcat puts in the witch class with the winter witch prestige class i would find it very odd to talk to a someone from irrisen and he makes no comments on me being a winter witch
    Last edited by The Infinity Sock; 01-17-2019 at 09:24 PM.

I agree this needs to be a thing, like being a paladin of Sheyln and talking to Valarie should have some damn interesting dialogue. Or just any paladin at all, like hello miss have you heard the word of Iomedae.

Also being am assamair and not being able to remark on it with other assamair is so immersion breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Balancer View Post
    I agree this needs to be a thing, like being a paladin of Sheyln and talking to Valarie should have some damn interesting dialogue. Or just any paladin at all, like hello miss have you heard the word of Iomedae.

Also being am assamair and not being able to remark on it with other assamair is so immersion breaking.
    You have no idea how much I want to see that happen XD LoLoLoL….. would be amazing, I bet XD

Other things that came into mind:
    - Tristian/Arsinoe should make a comment if you're Aasimar (like in Neverwinter 2, where an Aasimar npc will greet you with a specific dialogue for being one)
    - Octavia say, 'Hey, you're Half Elf too' when you ask about her heritage.

Community Manager Wooden Dragon's Avatar
    In fact, in many cases, there actually are specific answers or even dialogue branches, that are connected to your class, race or other circumstances. It may not be so obvious for the player, as there is so much of text in game and so many variations, you may just not notice. I agree with you - it's super cool when the impact is more obvious, but keep in mind that such feature would have caused the growth of the whole amount of game text (which is already huge) by several times :( We just have to count, does the feature and the game experience impact it does worth the time and money it would cost? Sadly, it's not so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Dragon View Post
    In fact, in many cases, there actually are specific answers or even dialogue branches, that are connected to your class, race or other circumstances. It may not be so obvious for the player, as there is so much of text in game and so many variations, you may just not notice. I agree with you - it's super cool when the impact is more obvious, but keep in mind that such feature would have caused the growth of the whole amount of game text (which is already huge) by several times :( We just have to count, does the feature and the game experience impact it does worth the time and money it would cost? Sadly, it's not so simple.
    Wrong your class has no impact on the dialogue and how NCPs react to you, I asked this the developers a long time ago.
    In Kingmaker there are a few race specific and god speific dialogue options. I really hope that the next Pathfinder game is much smaller and therfore more polished than the oversized Kingmaker which is bigger then Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 combined and almost as big as Dragon Age Inquisiotion and that game was made by over 200 people.

One of the things i liked about neverwinter nights two is you can have a background story say you make a wizard you can pick the wizard apprentice background when making your characters little things like this can go a long way in a game

Dragonborn bahamut paladin !

Quote Originally Posted by Giubba View Post
    Dragonborn bahamut paladin !
    Fus Ro Dah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast