Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    78
    Yeah I know, but if you're trying to take it on lower level, 32 might be a touch hard :)

  2. #12
    @patriarcher... the gold toad... I've not seen anything in the game that triggers off it. But I'm still finding stuff. There was a frog pond in the original pencil and paper game, maybe this is an homage to that.

    #littlebob86 I've always disabled the traps the Rats puts there, and they still seem crazy tough for a level 3-4 party.

    Mostly I recommend doing this after the Stag Lord Fort... when you're solid 5th level with better gear (and a full party with Communal Resist Fire) Hideous Laughter also helps (they have poor WILL saves)

  3. #13
    Senior Member Patriarche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandPoobah View Post
    @patriarcher... the gold toad... I've not seen anything in the game that triggers off it. But I'm still finding stuff. There was a frog pond in the original pencil and paper game, maybe this is an homage to that.

    #littlebob86 I've always disabled the traps the Rats puts there, and they still seem crazy tough for a level 3-4 party.

    Mostly I recommend doing this after the Stag Lord Fort... when you're solid 5th level with better gear (and a full party with Communal Resist Fire) Hideous Laughter also helps (they have poor WILL saves)
    thanks a lot for the tips

    as for the bell thing, good to know. Valerie got shred in mere seconds despite having 29 CA, my main was ok with blur and mirror images until the rat alchemist began to throw shit at me. main character was bravely standing alone(rpwise it works too, I buffed my main with heroism lol) while everyone were miserably marinating in their pile of sh*t, but my main character eventually got outnumbered and died like the hero he was (still managed to take down a few of them despite being the only one standing)

    magus is nice

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlebob86 View Post
    Yeah I know, but if you're trying to take it on lower level, 32 might be a touch hard :)
    It can be done at level 5 with a bit of luck, but I wouldn't try on chapter 1, without the gloves of trickery:

    5(ranks)+3(CS)+7(buffed DEX)+3(skill focus)+5(gloves)+2(touch of good) = 25.

    So, you need to roll 7 or more, and you can retry if you roll 2 or more (or is it 3 ?).

    With the "bit of luck" ability (luck domain), that's 91% chances to succeed, 0.25% chances to fail and 8.75% chances to be allowed to try again. So, all in all, it's very doable.

    Of course, you need to spot the trap first, too ;)
    Last edited by Matt; 01-29-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •