Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: content of DLC2

content of DLC2

Hi!

I tried to search a thread that talks about the content of the DLC 2, so far I know we are following the campaign of Maegarhn Varhn (how do you write it), how they established etc.

but there is a couple of unanswered question, someone would be so kind to answer to them or at least direct me to the correct thread?

I'd like to know if you could do the DLC at any time during your campaign to see the effects, OR if you need to do it first before your playthrough. Might stop playing for a while if I have to restart everything for the content of DLC 2 .

Also, is there any other features that it brings into the game? race, classes?

do we know what kind of effect it'll do in our game if we complete the campaign?

Thanks a lot guys

You are right - I've noticed that we really don't have a dedicated DLC thread here. I've copied the info from Steam over to our "News" section.

I'd like to know if you could do the DLC at any time during your campaign to see the effects, OR if you need to do it first before your playthrough.
    No, of course you will not need to start a new campaign for the effects of the side-campaign from the DLC to carry over! However, not rushing to the endgame, where you won't have much time to notice these effects, might also be prudent.

Also, is there any other features that it brings into the game? race, classes?
    Unfortunately, I cannot tell you much more about the new content planned for the DLCs until the official release. I can tell you that it will be mostly story-focused, though.

Well as a (minor) spoiler there is a screenshot from the DLC that shows wererats, weretigers and something that looks like a werebear. So it could involve a lot of lycantropy I guess.

I certainly like that. :D

Edit: It was in this anouncment: Click me!
    Last edited by alexandh@gmx.de; 02-01-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    You are right - I've noticed that we really don't have a dedicated DLC thread here. I've copied the info from Steam over to our "News" section.

No, of course you will not need to start a new campaign for the effects of the side-campaign from the DLC to carry over! However, not rushing to the endgame, where you won't have much time to notice these effects, might also be prudent.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you much more about the new content planned for the DLCs until the official release. I can tell you that it will be mostly story-focused, though.
    I hope we get new classes in this dlc the kineticist class was just one big let down

Quote Originally Posted by The Infinity Sock View Post
    I hope we get new classes in this dlc the kineticist class was just one big let down
    I've enjoyed the Kineticist so far, though I'll freely admit I use the Psycho-Kineticist as I think not sacrificing Con for effects is a good idea... heh

"Beneath the Stolen Lands" hunh..?

NOW I'm curious. Is this for 'new protag' [like the Varnhold's Lot] or for our existing MC? ^^'

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Infinity Sock View Post
    I would not hold my breath if I were you. If there were any races or classes included, they certainly would have said so, since they know we players always love more of those. Anytime it has happened in such games (NWN 1&2 expansions, DA Awakening, and a few others), it has been advertised as far as I know.

So, in my opinion, chances of having those is less than 1%. Of course, I might be wrong, but I really think it's very unlikely given their communication so far.

Which does not prevent me from looking forward to this DLC. For the last few months, I haven't been really in the right mindset to enjoy Pathfinder, but when I do again, I'm sure to enjoy the Varnhold...

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    I would not hold my breath if I were you. If there were any races or classes included, they certainly would have said so, since they know we players always love more of those. Anytime it has happened in such games (NWN 1&2 expansions, DA Awakening, and a few others), it has been advertised as far as I know.

So, in my opinion, chances of having those is less than 1%. Of course, I might be wrong, but I really think it's very unlikely given their communication so far.

Which does not prevent me from looking forward to this DLC. For the last few months, I haven't been really in the right mindset to enjoy Pathfinder, but when I do again, I'm sure to enjoy the Varnhold...
    I have the same problem with getting back into this game so if owlcat does not put in new classes in the next dlc i will stick to playing dragon ball xenoverse 2

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post

K0tarsis said it's going to be *mostly* story-focused, there's still that 0.01% chance of a new class :P

Hoping the 0.01% chance is the Hellknight class.

Quote Originally Posted by close2myheart View Post
    "Beneath the Stolen Lands" hunh..?

NOW I'm curious. Is this for 'new protag' [like the Varnhold's Lot] or for our existing MC? ^^'
    A new game mode. Sometimes you want to play a story with memorable characters, rich lore, and a complicated set of choices and consequences. But then there are days when you just want to grab a sword, cast some spells, and destroy a horde of monsters! This DLC will introduce a rogue-like randomly generated endless dungeon, complete with a new unique boss. You can explore it in a separate game, or as a part of your main campaign. How deep can you go?

as for hellknight class, I would expect it to be a prestige class, no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast