Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: content of DLC2

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarche View Post
    as for hellknight class, I would expect it to be a prestige class, no?
    Iirc Hellknights aren't a prestige class, the requirement to becoming one is killing a devil in a 1v1 fight and be witnessed by another Hellknight.

If they will be added to the game i hope it's not a prestige class, but a quest that you unlock shortly after killing the Stag Lord and it requires you to survive the trial.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Er... In pnp, Hell Knight IS a prestige class : https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/pre...-h/hellknight/

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    Er... In pnp, Hell Knight IS a prestige class : https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/pre...-h/hellknight/
    My knowledge of Pathfinder is very scarce, thanks for correcting me then

thanks for backing me up my buddy of consequence :p

though a questline to unlock that prestige class would be swell

Do we have any ideas about when the Varnhold's Lot DLC will start during the campaign? As in, during Chapter 2, or when you reach a certain location and talk to the right NPC? I'd like to incorporate the DLC into my current play through, and since I'm still fairly early in the game, I'd like to know if I should hold off making much more progress to tackle some of the other games I have waiting for me.

chronogically speaking, I think that Varnhold DLC takes place even before the prologue in the core game, as Morgan has been granted the baron title before you ( as implied when you meet him at the end of chapter 1 ), and the DLC content is about Morgan and his crew quest to subdue their own land.

As for metagaming speaking (when you can incorporate him in your game), K0tarsis implied earlier in this thread that you can do it whenever you want and import the result at any playthrough you are doing, regardless of being in chapter 1 or 3 or even endgame, but suggested to do it as early as possible as you might miss out some features.

So to answer to your question, you could play the Varnhold's DLC even before you start your main game. However, if you want to incorporate the results in your current playthrough, make sure to be at chapter 2 at most if you don't want to miss too much of the effects.

as to how one would import the results of the DLC outcome into your main game, I would have to expect that when you select new game in the menu it will ask you if you want to do the stolen lands campaign or the Varnhold campaign, and once you finish the Varnhold campaign, you will be given a choice as to which game you want to link the results too.

So the DLC isnt an in-game triggerable event (to my understanding). Question is, can you import the result of your Varnhold campaign to multiple playthrough, or would it require a complete Varnhold playthrough for every one of your new game.
    Last edited by Patriarche; 02-06-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks for answering Patriarche :)

Sounds like it's more of a 'buldoze your way through' hunh? XD sounds good for stress relief.. (or stress inducing? XD ymmv I guess)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12