**spoiler** Chap 6&7 with patch 1.2 **spoiler**

I'm about to complete my 3rd playthrough of Kingmaker with patch 1.2 - I'm still trying to defeat the Lantern King!

With extra XP and the Wild Hunt nerf, the last two chapters aren't as tedious/rage inducing as before. However, now the other mini bosses + Nyrissa is way too easy - Nyrissa went down in like 5 seconds... I think maybe they need adjusting now.

The Lantern King fight is also much do-able, except I'm still struggling with the Wild Hunt phase during this fight. The Lantern King keeps dispelling my party and when the Wild Hunt is summoned, I practically go down in a few seconds because my party doesn't have freedom of movement buff anymore.

Also, where is the fey merchant that sells scrolls? Does she disappear the moment you leave the capital by taking the final portal? Because this means, I need to re-do whole thing again since I didn't buy enough scrolls... ugh.

The Fey Merchant will be in your main encampment next to Storyteller. Sometimes she's hard to see (I just hold down the TAB key to highlight names).

Also, regarding the LK fight - only his first incarnation does dispels. So if you can rush him and disrupt/kill him before it goes off you don't need to worry about it in the later waves.

But yeah, massive debuffs are annoying.

I play on Normal/Weak (which according to an old REDDIT thread is close to P+P settings), and I have not had a problem with the final Chapter 6/7 encounters. They're ANNOYING and I have to head outside the House to rest a few times to re-set the buffs and regain spells, but it was always do-able.

Pro-Tip: If you do the Mirror-Mirror quest before fighting the Wriggling Man, you can kill him with Dialogue and get full (more?) XP for him.
    Last edited by GrandPoobah; 01-31-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Hmm... I thought LK dispels throughout the battle, not just first phase. I will give it another go and see how I fare!

Glad to hear that we were able to fix at least some of the issues in the last patch! Of course, we keep monitoring the situation and making necessary adjustments, so thank you for updating your feedback on this important topic, Purpleblob - much appreciated.
    Last edited by k0tarsis; 02-01-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Still struggling with LK... Could anyone please share the tip on how you won this fight? I'm playing on normal difficulty :(

Woohoo~ Finished LK! Just had to change my tactics around a bit :D

Final thoughts:

Most of encounters are well balanced now with patch 1.2 but as I mentioned earlier I think mini bosses and Nyrissa need some adjusting in chapter 6 in the House.

Thank you, Owlcat Games!! That was a one hell of grand adventure!!! :D

Great job, Purpleblob! :D
    Yep, when I told the team about Nyrissa and the other goons becoming kinda weak after your post a week ago, they replied they were thinking about adjusting that as well. We'll see what they decide to do about that.

I'm happy to hear you've enjoyed the ride! Are you planning on revisiting the Stolen lands, perhaps, as a different class now?

I am also finally near to finishing the game for first time (I have 5 campaigns running, each at different parts of the game), I am just before the final LK battle.

Like purpleblob I have to say that all the unique fights in House at edge of time are much weaker than random fights with Wild Hunt in the corridors (or the ghosts guards).
    For example Nyrissa died in two rounds which was very disappointing considering how Sarevok or Irenicus fights looked like in BG1 and BG2. I think players deserve something better after trying to survive Nyrissa plans for 100+ h.
    This is vs same party that needs 4-5 rounds to take down Wild Hunt Monarch and his group. As it is now, Wild Hunt Monarch fights are the real boss in this area.

Also since in this campaign I used Kalikke for most of the game (since the moment she joined my party) I also used her in the end game. And in end game she makes it hilariously easy if you took Deadly Earth with her.
    Two main problems with it:
    1. In House at edge of time Kalikke can turn almost every encounter into a cakewalk due to being able to Gather Power before battle begins and then unleash empowered and maximized Deadly Earth Mud blast. If not mud blast she can use other stuff like Clouds and so on. Gather Power in PnP creates lots of sound and light. You let players see enemies at edge of vision and that enemy ignores players until we get a bit closer. But that should not be allowed for free Gather Power usage, it breaks the game. And not only for end game, all the time you can start combat with OP kineticist blasts that don't really cost players anything.
    Gather Power needs to be disabled outside of combat or enemies need to react to it if they are inside certain range and combat has not started yet. React as in charge the player group.
    But during Nyrissa fight we didn't get a chance to use Deadly Earth and she still died super fast.

2. Lantern King curse does little to stop the power of Kalikke. She can still use all Kinetic Blast Infusions including Deadly Earth and it still does crazy damage when you empower and maximize it. And same for other AoE Infusions. You need to nerf Kineticist way more for this last part of the endgame.

As far as Wild Hunt, I find it irritating that you basically need to take Blind Fighting with all your party members or suffer the consequences. I took Iron Will and Greater Iron will on most of my characters, have them with +5 resistance gear, +6 to wisdom items, Heroism for +2 to saves and Communal Mind Blank and some of them still are confused in half the fights. And as soon as you remove confusion they get confused again (btw, lvl 1 spell Unbreakable Heart does nothing to remove confusion, when I tried to cast it on a confused character (Kalikke) it would say this character is immune to the spell and only thing that character was immune at that time was Fear due to Paladin spell that makes everyone inside his aura immune to fear)
    And if you don't have freedom of movement on everyone they get paralyzed all the time. This was on challenging difficulty.
    But I would not complain if unique enemy fights in the House were any challenge and lived longer than 1-2 rounds. Atm those enemies die without any challenge and you get irritated by corridor fights vs nameless wild hunt "mooks". It should be the other way around.

As far as House at end of time puzzles, I must say straight up that 3rd key location is bullshit. I cleared all floors in both versions of the house, did the bookcase puzzle (this one is best one there) and mirror puzzle (pretty bad one, reward was non existent and for some reason quest log claimed I failed parts of it but I did 3 correct clicks and found the whole backstory of the wizard in the mirror) hoping one of those gets you the 3rd key or tells you more about it but no. You really really need to give more clues about how to find that key, atm you either get to it randomly or read a guide. The super small clue that you cannot even reference is just not enough.

Loot in the end areas is really bad, magic items are good but where are useful scroll and wands? What about giving that fey shopkeeper Remove Disease scrolls or wands as House at end of time basically keeps you permanently diseased as those ghost mages are in every 2nd room... please fill the place with scrolls of all kinds, let our wizards finally fill their spellbooks with all spells in the game and let them get access to more useful higher level scrolls instead of getting same lvl 1 to lvl 3 scroll shit that we got in Pitax and everywhere else ( I don't need 40 Haste or bless scrolls, but I would like a Mirror Image scroll for example, I have not found a single one in whole game and it is not the only spell scroll that is missing)

Everything after you enter House at end of time is by far weakest part of the game. Feels unfinished and unpolished and unbalanced and not a fun epic ending of this big game that we deserve. Only thing I really enjoyed is when you go to face LK from your resting spot and you get to talk with all your surviving companions outside of the portal. I really enjoyed those conversations and some of them even got me emotional for a bit. Nok Nok was only one that had nothing to say to me lol.. not sure if that is a bug :D

I hope someone from Owlcat reads this :)
    Last edited by Torinus; 02-07-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    Great job, Purpleblob! :D
    Yep, when I told the team about Nyrissa and the other goons becoming kinda weak after your post a week ago, they replied they were thinking about adjusting that as well. We'll see what they decide to do about that.

I'm happy to hear you've enjoyed the ride! Are you planning on revisiting the Stolen lands, perhaps, as a different class now?
    Again, thanks for passing on the feedback :D Yes, I'm already on my 4th playthrough, this time as CN ranger/vivisectionist/sorcerer/EK build. In case you haven't noticed, yes, I love this game :D

Quote Originally Posted by Torinus View Post
    I really enjoyed those conversations and some of them even got me emotional for a bit. Nok Nok was only one that had nothing to say to me lol.. not sure if that is a bug :D
    Not a bug, all I got from Nok-Nok was something about being a hero hurts his head :P (he is adorable)

It would be nice if the number of enemies in a group could be adjustable through a difficulty setting. I know that the Siege of Dragonspear expansion for Baldur's Gate featured this, and it worked great, in my opinion. On higher difficulties more enemies would appear, while lowering the difficulty would reduce their number.

As it it, the final battle was fun, but getting there was not.