Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Manager Wooden Dragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
    I received red panda and faerie dragon as my backer reward but..... I want the adorable owlcat instead!!! Is there any way I can obtain Headchomper???
    purpleblob, turns out, most certainly you should have received an owlcat with other backer reward pets. Please, send me your save file, we'll check if there's a bug!

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Dragon View Post
    purpleblob, turns out, most certainly you should have received an owlcat with other backer reward pets. Please, send me your save file, we'll check if there's a bug!
    OMG :D How do I send you a save file?? Do I send it by email? If so, which address?

yea, I'm a backer too and I had owlcat pet while in beta but when the actual launch of the game happened I only had red panda. Figured you guys had a change of heart, however as I understand it I should have it? That makes me think backers were supposed to have three early magic items, namely a cape and a helmet. I didn't have an helmet but at the beginning there was a +1 save roll cloack and I figured that was it. lol.

i dont even have the dragon faerie

I think if they´re only familiar/pets and not combat worthy animal companions, dogs should be the upper limit in size. A bear is tougher than any lv1 char.

How do I send you a save file?? Do I send it by email? If so, which address?
    kotarsis@owlcatgames.com :D
    You can also use team@owlcatgames.com for any general or specific requests as well.

It's very weird to hear that some of you folks still have issues with backer pets and items. We've implemented fix after fix after fix for this issue, and each time they worked for those who reported the issue. It can get pretty complicated because Deep Silver manages Steam and Galaxy for us, and some of the mistakes happen on Valve's and GoG's side...
    Just to make sure - have you guys checked in the throne room chest or in the chest in your room at Oleg's? If the items weren't there after release, they could've appeared after one of the later fixes. Also make sure that you actually have the DLC downloaded. Sorry to point out the (seemingly!) obvious, but you've no idea how often this advice helps :)

I think if they´re only familiar/pets and not combat worthy animal companions, dogs should be the upper limit in size. A bear is tougher than any lv1 char.
    Yep, which makes lvl 1 druids much more viable. This is true in tabletop Pathfinder as well. I think this helps balance out the druid quite nicely - these first few levels, they are quite weak without the animal companion. They have very circumstantial spells, few castings per day compared to other classes, they can't use bows or even crossbows, they can't use wild shape yet, and their spontaneous summons are pretty weak and only last for a round per level.

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    You can also use team@owlcatgames.com for any general or specific requests as well.

It's very weird to hear that some of you folks still have issues with backer pets and items. We've implemented fix after fix after fix for this issue, and each time they worked for those who reported the issue. It can get pretty complicated because Deep Silver manages Steam and Galaxy for us, and some of the mistakes happen on Valve's and GoG's side...
    Just to make sure - have you guys checked in the throne room chest or in the chest in your room at Oleg's? If the items weren't there after release, they could've appeared after one of the later fixes. Also make sure that you actually have the DLC downloaded. Sorry to point out the (seemingly!) obvious, but you've no idea how often this advice helps :)
    I started a few playthrough between december 2019 and january 2019. Yes I checked at Oleg's chest, I had a +2 CON belt which also improves saves against fatigue and exhaustion, figured that was it. the +1 cloack I looted early is actually the clock of a named bandit at the second bandit confrontation at oleg's tradepost.

Since then I've got the barony and neither the chest in my room or the throne room has any related items.

yes I know for a fact that DLC is installed because the new tiefling companion is here (and oh boy did I wish I knew she starts an infinite rambling when you first enter her house in the capital lol it's interesting but it was late at night and I wanted to explore a bit my capital before going to bed. Had to Alt+F4 to not spoil her plot)

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post

I checked both the chest in Oleg's and throne room - that's where I received the red panda and faerie dragon but no Headchomper! :(

I also downloaded the Wild Cards DLC, finished a run with Kalikke/Kanerah already.

Anyway, the save file has been sent. I can't wait to see adorable Owlcat in my kingdom room soon ^-^

Headchomper always <3 something about it is just so cute and weird and strange idk why, LoL.

If only I could feed it and watch it grow *loves* then it will be cute, weird, strange and menacing all in one package XD

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    I think when K0tarsis speaks of the dlc, he's not speaking about the Wildcards Dlc, but the various backers' dlcs that had to be activated by a link the first time you downloaded the game. On Gog at least, clicking on the link allowed one to see a few dlcs on the gog galaxy's kingmaker's options. One dlc for items, one for pets, one for owlcat, etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast