Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I gotta go with the Leopard as my favorite animal companion - beautiful big cat plus some solid damage and tripping abilities? It's just wonderful!

For more pet-style stuff, Headchomper the Owlcat is the winner. Very fantasy and just absolutely adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    I think when K0tarsis speaks of the dlc, he's not speaking about the Wildcards Dlc, but the various backers' dlcs that had to be activated by a link the first time you downloaded the game. On Gog at least, clicking on the link allowed one to see a few dlcs on the gog galaxy's kingmaker's options. One dlc for items, one for pets, one for owlcat, etc.
    Oh. Haha, now I feel silly. Yep, just checked:

Hmm but I only see red panda DLC and yet I got Faerie Dragon but no Owlcat :(

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Well, I said all things above from memory, and now that I have checked, I have only a "pre-order bonus" and "kickstarter tier 2" in my settings, so there's nothing specified on Gog. And I don't have any red panda in-game, but I think that's normal given my backing.

You may want to uncheck the Kickstarter Tier 2 box, wait until it's uninstalled, and then check it again. I seem to remember some of the problems were corrected that way (there is a very slight tiny risk that it may ruin your saves, too, however, as always when one is messing with installation files in any game).

OR, you could wait for an official answer from Owlcats, of course. Now that K0tarsis is aware of the problem, it's only a question of time.

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    OR, you could wait for an official answer from Owlcats, of course. Now that K0tarsis is aware of the problem, it's only a question of time.
    THIS IS UNNACEPTABLE! I ask - no, I DEMAND! - that Alexey Drobyshevsky and Alexander Mushulin PERSONALLY fly off to my house and come to my door to apologize - no, PLEAD for my forgiveness while I hit them with a stick - and bring me some sweet cakes of consolation. After I got a refund worth a hundred times what I paid, I MAY let them rest a bit under my stairs until they resume the pleading.

I might lose the stick after a couple weeks of intense and sincere begging.

(in reality I already edited my save to add myself a headchomper, so no need to worry about that on my end. Anyways red panda is better imo stats-wise, I wonder if I could edit red panda stats into headcomper skin)

he's not speaking about the Wildcards Dlc, but the various backers' dlcs that had to be activated by a link the first time you downloaded the game.
    Yep, exactly :)

Headchomper is activated by a code called "preorder bonus", so I think if you don't have a "Preorder bonus" DLC, this could indicate that you've never activated the code for him. Remember those 3 codes that came from owlcatgames.com?

Well, the owlcat pet and some of the items are hidden behind the "preorder bonus" one. If you never activated it for some reason, or activated it in the wrong order, or Steam glitched, you won't get Headchomper. It's a good idea to try and enter it once again.
    As for other pets, the faerie dragon is hidden behind the "kickstarter tier" code. The red panda comes with the royal edition, so I think it's included in the "Royal edition" code.
    Last edited by k0tarsis; 02-08-2019 at 10:10 AM.

I might lose the stick after a couple weeks of intense and sincere begging.
    Ouch! Let me guess, is Regongar your favorite romance option?

Thank you k0tarsis and Owlcat team for resolving the pet issue for me - for some reason, I didn't activate the "pre-order" bonus code! So sorry for troubling your team (I feel so silly at the moment >.>)

Thank you again - Headchomper is now happily wandering around my throne room :D

Last edited by purpleblob; 02-08-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Yeah! ^^
    One more "bug" resolved.

Don't worry - that's what we are here for :D

By the way, am I the only one who can't see the images I've posted?

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    Headchomper is activated by a code called "preorder bonus", so I think if you don't have a "Preorder bonus" DLC, this could indicate that you've never activated the code for him. Remember those 3 codes that came from owlcatgames.com?
    I did enter 3 codes in steam, it was nearly at the official release of the game, so maybe it was sketchy at the time? I installed the game and didnt touch it for a couple months because I had crazy overtime to do at my job and I didn't have the time to start a new big game. I vaguely remember downloading the lesser files before the big game, so I think I actually ''installed'' the DLC before the core game, which might be the cause.

By the way, am I the only one who can't see the images I've posted?
    what images

Ouch! Let me guess, is Regongar your favorite romance option?
    actually, in my main playthrough I more or less put Regongar head on a pike after I stole Octavia from him. My MC doesn't like the way the orc was watching lustily at him while he was flirting with Octavia.

Though in my 2nd playthrough where my MC is a halfling fighter, Regongar is this big fun guy that hacks things appart with him in the frontline. They're not involved in the bed, as my halfling is a bit too dumb and naive to understand such things, but he likes the big green fun guy :D

Okay back to business, where might I get my codes again? or should I just unchecked/check the DLC like someone suggested it to prompt the installation again, but this time with the core game already installed?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast