View Poll Results: What is your favorite race in the game?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aasimar

11 29.73%
  • Dwarf

4 10.81%
  • Elf

1 2.70%
  • Gnome

1 2.70%
  • Half-elf

3 8.11%
  • Half-orc

3 8.11%
  • Halfling

1 2.70%
  • Human

9 24.32%
  • Tiefling

4 10.81%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Favorite Race in the Game - tell us what you think!

Hello there!

As you all (hopefully!) know, we want our games to be as enjoyable and fun to you as possible - and that's why we've come to ask your opinion and gather some more tasty feedback!
    Today is February 8th, so here's a Random Fact Number 8 for ya: the base version of the game has 8 playable races. The 8th one, aasimars, was added thanks to a last-minute effort by our Kickstarter backers, who reached the stretch goal right before the end of the campaign. The 9th race - tieflings - was added in "The Wildcards" DLC. We chose it because tieflings were the runner-ups in a poll we ran at the time.

So, dear Pathfinders, pray tell: what is your favourite race to play, and why? Is it the most fun to play? Is it the one you find strongest mechanically? Or is something you've grown fond of thanks to your previous tabletop or PC adventures?

Let me kick this thing off for once.

My favourite out of the ones in the poll would have to be the dwarf. There is just something about living (under a rock) deep inside the mountain core, mining metal ore, forging blades, drinking ale and using mineral oil as beard lube that just instinctively feels right to me. I am very fond of their down-to-earthiness, and I'll always choose a grumpy or stubborn companion over an arrogant or cold one.

A close second would be gnomes. I like the spin that Paizo put on them, even though I know many people don't share that opinion. Also, I've been around oddballs and all kinds of goofy people all my life, and I really enjoy their company and their perspective on things. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to say that there "normal people" and "weird people", and even less do I claim to be part of the first group. We're all weird in oh so many ways, and it's all subjective, but there are always those that are, well, even further out there than the rest...

Dwarves are always my favorite race - and I miss the Foehammer, Stonelord and Forgemaster archetypes. But for my main character in the CRPG I usually play Human, as of the base races they're usually the most versatile (in PnP I play Dwarves). I also have a fondness for both Gnomes and Halflings.

I loathe both Tiefling and Aasimar (the second even more than the first) as they are overpowered IMHO compared to the basic races. That's a Pathfinder flaw, not something specific to the PF:K CRPG. I don't mind the Tiefling as a companion in the DLC, because that's very well integrated in the companion's story.

Hey there,

my favorite PnP race is halfling, because for one I really enjoy the hobbits in LOTR and halfling are basically shoed hobbits, and also because they're always depicted as being naive but still getting through things through sheer good luck. When a halfling is in a party, there's always gooffy comical stuff happening and having a good laugh is always precious in a PnP session.

I usually enjoy front line roles but halfling are not well-suited for such roles (despite having a minor AC bonus), so I came to appreciate melee DPS role (rogue). Those sneak attacks bonus are juicy :D

I still voted human in the poll because they were for a long time my favorite (it's been just a couple years since I've finally jumped the leap to play a more fantasy race) and the question was worded what's your favorite race IN the game. Human are just too versatile and have an hefty bonus to skill every level even if they don't have high INT. Also, it's more immersive in a CRPG to play human :p

While I like some of the other classes, I tend to play hummies so ...

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    My favourite in pnp AND D20 systems like Pathfinder/D&D has been Humans for two main reasons :
    - mechanically for the bonus Feat and even better, the bonus skill point. I love skills and I usually play skill-monkey-type characters. The skills may not be the highest (I max up only a few skills), but I want to have as many skills as possible.
    - RP-wise, they are generally the less stereotyped race, so I feel more free to play the way I want without anyone (not even my own prejudices) telling me how weird that is.

However, I also like the twist that Gnomes have had in Pathfinder, and I often play (Half-)Elves in general, mostly because I feel mostly like a CG personality. I have also played the occasional Half-Orc and one Drow for the accursed-story, rejected-scion-of-a-hated-race kind of character. Can be fun.

In this video game, my characters have been Human so far, and that's what I voted for..

Community Manager Wooden Dragon's Avatar
    I don't know why, but I've been found of orcs for all my life. I just love them :) These mighty furious green scoundrels are simply the best! In the world of Pathfinder half-orcs also have a very deep and complicated background, I loved to learn about their dramatic history and life on Golarion.
    The second ones are gnomes and halflings, because I love all sorts of funny chaotic characters, and these dudes seem most fit for the role at my point of view. I also like to play chaotic good characters myself and often pick someone of a smaller race, with a bard or rogue class. Maybe this is because I am below an average height myself.

And for the end, just should say that... Эльфы - лохи!

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    I don't really have a favorite race but the race i would really like to play is the rimesoul frost undine with the witch class and winter witch prestige class so i can make my winter witch king jack frost

I've always been a huge half-elf fan. The idea of being torn between two different cultures where you identify with both and can almost blend into both of them has always appealed to me. Plus, it's basically being an elf with a beard which is fun!

In terms of gameplay, the fact that half-elves have some of the human's flexibility with attributes and also get a free skill bonus with a handful of other skill boosts (like Perception) has been a big help with my half-elf Inquisitor. I don't have to put points into my Charisma but still get to have a solid Persuasion score!

I'm a fan of half-elf. I like the idea of the torn/confused identity - I felt similar as 1.5 generation immigrant in Australia, so I can relate/roleplay well. They can also have the best of both worlds once they overcome the identity crisis (imo). Plus I like the mix of good looking + adaptibility.

Edit: Just for Kingmaker, I'm also a fan of aasimar - because they look so pretty with halo and wings :p
    Last edited by purpleblob; 02-08-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast