View Poll Results: What is your favorite race in the game?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aasimar

14 28.00%
  • Dwarf

6 12.00%
  • Elf

1 2.00%
  • Gnome

1 2.00%
  • Half-elf

4 8.00%
  • Half-orc

4 8.00%
  • Halfling

1 2.00%
  • Human

10 20.00%
  • Tiefling

9 18.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Dragon View Post
    The google translator makes the phrase much more aggressive than it is on Russian)
    Yeah, I figured it might be some rough translation but I got the gist I thought it was funny too :P Someone did vote Elf as a favourite race :D yay some loving for elves!

Half-orcs! Closely followed by the playable goblin mod. Green is love~
    Tieflings are nice and all, especially their various -spawns. Though I really do wish PK had a race no other D&D-like video game had.

A race that isn't already officially in the game is Samsaran, most notable for its Mystic Past Lives ability.

Wings, Horns or big Green Dudes.

I prefer races with a distinctive look, Aasimar certainly fits that bill with the angelic trappings of a halo *and* wings. and they have a battery of other good things going on - some nice spell effects, stat boosts, minor ele resistance.

The Tiefling has much of that going as well, a pretty cool non traditional hero look, coupled with spell effects, stat boosts, minor ele resistance.

Half (or even full) Orcs have always been interesting as well, really big beefy frames that add a certain physical menace to them, If I'm wanting to play a warrior type Orcs get very strong consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamigoroshi View Post
    Half-orcs! Closely followed by the playable goblin mod. Green is love~
    Tieflings are nice and all, especially their various -spawns. Though I really do wish PK had a race no other D&D-like video game had.
    Given that Pathfinder was literally derived from the same d20 system Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e was made from (Pathfinder 1st Edition is so closely related to Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e that some of us call Pathfinder DnD 3.75e), I doubt they'll have "a race no other DnD-like video game had".

You might want to look at Pillars of Eternity for unique races. (I HIGHLY recommend PoE. If you love this game, you'll like that one too. Sure, it has some of the usual suspects with regard to race, but it does have a couple of unique ones too - like Godlike and Orlan. Plus PoE2 has pirates and ships!)

As for this poll, I chose tieflings. Mostly because I like playing them as goody-goody-two-shoes. I could have just as easily chosen aasimar, human, or half elf.
    Z72.

Eh, not to brag or anything (in any case, it's Paizo's baby, not ours), but I'd wager that tabletop Pathfinder has the most varied race selection in the industry. One of the reasons Pathfinder is popular is exactly the enormous wealth of content and options it provides to players. A lot of guys in the studio run Lovecraftian horror campaigns using Pathfinder, and I know there are people who run steampunk, vampire hunter, planar travel, fantasy space opera and all sorts of "not your typical DnD" campaigns with PF. So yeah, PF is a pretty good choice if you want to play something unusual.

Ok, and here comes the bragging part: I can't help mentioning my first character ever in a tabletop RPG was an inquisitor of Cayden Cailean, the god of drink and merriment... an undead dwarven inquisitor of Cayden, that is. A ghoul, to be precise.
    Last edited by k0tarsis; 02-27-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    A lot of guys in the studio run Lovecraftian horror campaigns using Pathfinder,
    is that an unintentionnal leak that the next owlcat game is going to be a lovecraftian horror? ;)

is that an unintentionnal leak that the next owlcat game is going to be a lovecraftian horror? ;)
    Well, our current game was quite the Lovecraftian horror too, especially around release.

It did get better as time went on, though...

Well, our current game was quite the Lovecraftian horror too, especially around release.

yish, not sure if I'm feeling amazement or spookiness from that half-halfling halfgoblin samurai

So... This is the Owlcat method of proving that there is no god then?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast