Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wilczajagoda View Post
    For me it wasn't so much that they're inferior, but rather that the only feature that feels really unique to druids - their wild shapes - wasn't that good by comparison. Other classes get archetypes that share the best druidic features (sylvan sorcerers, sacred huntsmasters, herald callers), meanwhile wizards/sorcerers have access to better shapes with greater polymorph and can cast transformation on top of that.

Also, implementing prehistoric animals in the game, but no dinosaurs?
    And druids can turn into Earth Elementals that do good damage and boost your shape additionally by casting Legendary Proportions or Frightful presence. Also elemental forms make you immune to sneak attacks and critical strikes and give flat 5 DR. And you can cast spells while shapeshifted during the whole game. The game is not only at endgame, endgame is actually the most boring and worst part of this game.

Depends what you consider "good damage". Druids aren't the only ones who can shapeshift, since you can use transmutation spells for that; what is unique is their ability to cast spells when shifted, though calling it the 'whole' game is a bit of an overstatement. In practice, I've found their wild shape not bad, but neither that good. When shifted, my druid lost inventory access, which meant no empowering spells with wands & rods and therefore a lower damage output of offensive spells. At the same time, some of the properties from armor seemed to be lost as well, weakening his defense. Ironically, the animal companion was doing far better, because they get both high ac and base stats which they don't lose upon shifting.

The biggest disappointment however was that you can get draconic forms from greater polymorph, but druids don't even get that spell.

I too have believed Druids have many options missing in this game that have become expected in tabletop. Grappling, Wild armor enhancement, various shapes, and many spells (like even the humble flaming sphere and produce flame) have dissuaded me from wanting to play a Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by campbellgrege@gmail.com View Post
    I too have believed Druids have many options missing in this game that have become expected in tabletop. Grappling, Wild armor enhancement, various shapes, and many spells (like even the humble flaming sphere and produce flame) have dissuaded me from wanting to play a Druid.
    And Feral Combat Training......

Would be great if there were more late Wild Shape forms. If I am not mistaken beast form IV allows the druid to change in any magical beast, so manticores and hydras could be some late game forms.

Don't know if Owlcat has any plans to add these to the druid, but you can ask for them at nexus mods, so that someone makes a mod for them. Eldritch Arcana already adds quite a lot of things from PnP, including a new class, feats and archetypes. Its creator might be able to solve this problem.

You are mistaken because yes best shape IV allows Hydras but not for druids.
    Only animals/plants/elementals are valid for druids. Magical beasts are not despite the fact the spell might support it.

It warms my heart to see some fellow Druid Players on here that seem to share my concerns and visions :D

@wilczajagoda I completly agree with you wildshape is a unique Druid feature and it should feel like one if anyone should be able to turn into a dragon it is the Druid I think mask of the betrayer did a good job with the Druid it was fun to play one but it still really miss the shifter from nwn.

@edward0409jr yeah I miss my dragon forms as well plus the features and abilities you mentioned like feral combat training.

@campbellgrege seems like I am not the only one that currently does not feel like playing a druid because of missing feats abilities shapes and spells
    lets hope the devs show some Druid love real soon.

@Mystic Quest yeah epic Wild Shape forms would be well EPIC I would even be willing to spend another talent on a form that I really like and want just like with natural spell even though that should be free to begin with in my opinion.

I really hope the Devs will show lots of Druid love with the next Big Update ! :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12