Flase information or plainly bug?

As you can see in the shot, the boar has far more HP than what lore check tells, I don't know if I should report it as a bug? This leads to two things confusing me a lot in combat, and sometimes frustrating:

1.Inconsistent stats from combat log and lore checks happen a lot.

2.Sometimes you can see your team members giving out a final blow, but the combat log isn't showing any damages. Therefore, you can read from the combat logs that the enemy suddenly die while it's still attacking without receiving any further damages.

Please Dev, love I do to this game, you still have a lot to do to fix the whole mechanism.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1654066196
    Last edited by edward0409jr@gmail.com; 02-13-2019 at 03:03 AM.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    In pnp, a Boar has the Ferocity Attribute :

"Ferocity (Ex)

A creature with ferocity remains conscious and can continue fighting even if its hit point total is below 0. The creature is still staggered and loses 1 hit point each round. A creature with ferocity still dies when its hit point total reaches a negative amount equal to its Constitution score."

It's probably because of that. 18 (HP) + 17 (CON) means you must hit it for 35 damage before you kill it. And each time he acts while in the negative, it loses 1HP by itself. It seems consistent with it dying even when not being hit. It should appear in the log, though.

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    In pnp, a Boar has the Ferocity Attribute :

"Ferocity (Ex)

A creature with ferocity remains conscious and can continue fighting even if its hit point total is below 0. The creature is still staggered and loses 1 hit point each round. A creature with ferocity still dies when its hit point total reaches a negative amount equal to its Constitution score."

It's probably because of that. 18 (HP) + 17 (CON) means you must hit it for 35 damage before you kill it. And each time he acts while in the negative, it loses 1HP by itself. It seems consistent with it dying even when not being hit. It should appear in the log, though.
    Thanks! You are an expert of the rule. :) That explains my 1st question; it's highly possible that ferocity is working here. However I swear there are also cases that the enemies die before receiving total damage of their HP; no condition inflicted. Don't know what is working behind.

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Maybe it's a bug, or something else is at work, as you say. Do you remember the enemies involved ? They may have some similar features that gives them greater strength in exchange for HP damage or Constitution damage. It might also be some of your spells or item powers that give recurring damage.
    Some foes also have Rage, just like a barbarian. When the Rage ends, the loss in Constitution and the resulting loss in HP may explain some deaths.

However, without the exact situation, it's difficult to say what may have or not have provoked such apparently untimely deaths. :p