Custom characters gone?

Hi,

I don't know if there was a new patch to air this week, but I had my kingmaker load something on steam and afterward I'm not able to pick my custom characters at all when I form a party to leave the capital ? know of any hotfixes for that?

Oh my god, I know what happened,

you can permanently kick out your characters from your roster?!? and you do that from the party manager button that you usually use to swap party members from the map vision????

OH MY GOD, PLEASE MAKE IT MORE OBVIOUS! It only asks if you want to kick out your member from the party, it doesn't say that you will kick them out PERMANENTLY! I didn't realize that only my custom characters had that '' x '' on their top right corner since I usually run with only my MC and my two custom characters, and now I've done a couple hours without knowing I would never get them back

it doesnt even MAKE SENSE to want to kick out your party members, you bled your money to buy them, why would you kick them out?? I understand that adding the function is nice, but from the kingdom management setting would be better than in your '' swap party '' button

i agree with you

and i HATE the bottom line "LEAVE NOW i no more want you" in every companion dialogue

it 's so easy to make a mistake (i forget to check that bold line...)

pushing a companion OUT (mercenary or from game) should be a very specific feature, not mixed in the middle of the normal game tools

not sure if this is related, I've tried to use custom protraits(which I downloaded and pasted to my paint program, I was able to put on 3 of them, (I have 3 others I want to add) I tried to add my 4th and the game seems to crash or something,(not responding to any action I take) I can't close the game, the only 2 things I can do is 1: hit my windows button, and select restart, or 2: to hit my restart button on my tower, I've tried several times, even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and tried to load them again, but nothing I do seems to work. I hope someone can help me figure this out, anyone else have this problem?
    Last edited by scarhunter@live.ca; 03-11-2019 at 02:15 PM.

I've tried to use custom protraits(which I downloaded and pasted to my paint program, I was able to put on 3 of them, (I have 3 others I want to add) I tried to add my 4th and the game seems to crash or something
    I've asked our tech director, Alexey Drobyshevsky. This is not a problem we've encountered before. The complete lock-up sounds like a possible problem with the hard-drive, so you might want to check that. Sorry that we can't be of more help - it's a user-unique issue at the moment!
    Also, as a shot in the dark from me, maybe you used a different, unusual file format for the fourth portrait?

it seems this problem is only with this game, so I don't think it's a hard drive problem even my IT guy said it might be possible my system isn't able to do that, maybe I need a setting or something, I hope I can get this to work I would like to play my characters with my own protraits if possible, anyways I don't know what I can do to fix it, any suggestions? and I used the png file that it said to use for the files
    Last edited by scarhunter@live.ca; 03-21-2019 at 06:48 PM.