View Poll Results: Do you want to see Turned Based as an option in PF: Kingmaker?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think TB would be a great option.

17 43.59%
  • No.

22 56.41%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    In an ideal world every game like this one would have both Turn-Based and RTwP modes. Then everyone would be happy.

Turn-based as an option would be great. It's the best of both worlds. Letting people choose what they want is always a good idea.
    I'd guess it would be a very costly feature to implement, though - sounds like an awful lot of work for both programmers and game designers, who are already some of the busiest departments, since bugfixing is their task, too.
    I can tell you that when choosing between RTwP and TB for PF:KM, the team was split almost perfectly in two, and there was a huge flame-war between the two fractions. RTwP won by only a couple of votes.

TB destroys immersion and turns combat into a farce and a joke. As such I can't stand it, but having both as options is fine so long as the RTwP side of the game is in no way harmed or sacrificed for the TB side of the game from a development resources POV.

Also, I would note that in this genre of games, i.e. single-player story-rich party-based 'classic' RPGs, TB games are plentiful whereas RTwP games are not. So, as a person who prefers RTwP and therefore doesn't have that many of this type of game available to play, I'm not at all sympathetic to TB fans' constant demands that every RPG be TB. Frankly I'm tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    Turn-based as an option would be great. It's the best of both worlds. Letting people choose what they want is always a good idea.
    I'd guess it would be a very costly feature to implement, though - sounds like an awful lot of work for both programmers and game designers, who are already some of the busiest departments, since bugfixing is their task, too.
    I can tell you that when choosing between RTwP and TB for PF:KM, the team was split almost perfectly in two, and there was a huge flame-war between the two fractions. RTwP won by only a couple of votes.
    I hope they get to vote again for the next Pathfinder game, whether it's Hell's Rebels, Rise of the Runelords or anything else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123