Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Beginnings

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    your picture doesn't show my good buddy of consequence

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Now, that's weird, It showed before... :\

Now, that's weird, It showed before... :\
    I get the same problem with some of the image links I use. I try to solve them by changing the source of the link, but that doesn't always help.

damn you look like you were under intense pressure and got relieved very much when you were given word that it would launch on the last day of february.

All in all, I think Owlcat is very surprisingly good at keeping up their schedule, delaying so rarely that when there is an actual delay we know it's for something serious.
    More like "relieved that I finally get to share the date with you" :) It always pains me to hear the impassioned cries of our players asking for a release or delivery date and not be able to give one.

However, it's exactly for that reason that we have relatively fewer delays than is typical for the industry: we try not to reveal the date until we can expect to keep the promise. Of course, even then you can never be fully certain of the future - plans are so prone to going up in flames.
    Last edited by k0tarsis; 02-25-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    Eat THIS, mister!

*mwoo-ha-ha-hah*

I AM TRIUMPHANT
    Baw! What do you know about Owlcat's release scheduling? You just work for Owlcat directlyand get all the release info as the public mouthpiece of teh studio! I'm sticking firm to my prediction. Go on! Prove me wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarche View Post

All in all, I think Owlcat is very surprisingly good at keeping up their schedule, delaying so rarely that when there is an actual delay we know it's for something serious.
    While that is true, it has a cost. So far every release they made were bugged to the extreme. Honestly, i would be happier with later releases, and less panic-quick fixes to progress-breaking bugs. I hope DLC 2 will be a positive surprise in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    More like "relieved that I finally get to share the date with you" :) It always pains me to hear the impassioned cries of our players asking for a release or delivery date and not be able to give one.

However, it's exactly for that reason that we have relatively fewer delays than is typical for the industry: we try not to reveal the date until we can expect to keep the promise. Of course, even then you can never be fully certain of the future - plans are so prone to going up in flames.
    did my pleads sounded like toddlers cries? xD the image of that is hilarious

now, crossing my fingers that your plans don't litteraly go up in flames. If your studios go up in flames it would be a tragedy for everyone :o

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    Baw! What do you know about Owlcat's release scheduling? You just work for Owlcat directlyand get all the release info as the public mouthpiece of teh studio! I'm sticking firm to my prediction. Go on! Prove me wrong!
    *sitting with popcorns, watching intently*

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    While that is true, it has a cost. So far every release they made were bugged to the extreme. Honestly, i would be happier with later releases, and less panic-quick fixes to progress-breaking bugs. I hope DLC 2 will be a positive surprise in this regard.
    heh, maybe they should have a short beta period for every DLCs to fix all the major gamebreaking bugs that they might miss by doing the tests themselves. I mean, they already have a good pool of beta testers ready to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarche View Post
    heh, maybe they should have a short beta period for every DLCs to fix all the major gamebreaking bugs that they might miss by doing the tests themselves. I mean, they already have a good pool of beta testers ready to help.
    Aaand... they left most bugs and problems in place we reported during beta. Honestly, the game was even buggier at release than at last beta. Wildcards also had some big bugs at release.

But that's the past. I hope Varnhold will be a good DLC, and our decisions during it will have some meaningful impact for the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Aaand... they left most bugs and problems in place we reported during beta. Honestly, the game was even buggier at release than at last beta. Wildcards also had some big bugs at release.

But that's the past. I hope Varnhold will be a good DLC, and our decisions during it will have some meaningful impact for the area.
    that's not fair, between beta and full release they added a few chapters and a lot of features. In beta I don't recall having every classes we had at release, and there were only 2 archetypes, not 3. We couldn't even go very much farther than end of chapter 2, so they had the whole chapter 3,4 and 5 to work on.

though I'm being a bit a devil's advocate here, since I waited at least 6 months after full release to really get into the game because I heard about the numerous game-breaking bugs. It is very frustrating to waste 10-12h of gameplay and get an answer like ''you should have made saves at that time, this time too''. Right now I save scummed like crazy so I have a save for almost every 2 in-game week that pass. Even now, there are quite important issues that they must work on in order to enhance the user experience, like adding more advisors per role because right now I feel like strangling tristian (so sorry for those who like him :( )

Anyways, I still think of Owlcat as a small studio, so I can't have expectations like I would for Bethesda and Ubisoft. Which launch games with terrible bugs. I mean. PF:KM is thousands of time better bug-wise than fallout 76.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast