Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wishlist for the sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker

So, assuming a Sequel to Pathfinder Kingmaker is another AP, and that the choice of which AP has already been decided on, what do you guys want to see in the sequel?

Classes? Feats? Races? Spells? Enemies? Monsters? Iconics? Archetypes? Romances? General UI improvements? Changes to systems? Magic Items? Scenery? Pets? Lighting? Types of Companions?

Anything goes! Tell me what you're interested in seeing!

I'll get things started:

I wanna fight and command Dinosaurs.

I also want to fight a more diversely equipped set of bandits. Something liek a random encounter table with different mix and match bandits on it. I wanna fight some Tiefling Bandits, some Halfling bandits, I wanna fight Halfling bandits with +4 Great Axes that are bigger than they are, and bandits with wondrous items and magical armor. Just like a wider assortment of mix and match on the bandits. Also bandits with pet dinosaurs and other pets besides wolves. Monk and Druid Bandits. Just really interesting groups of bandits that make me thing "why did they turn to banditry?"

Actually, I would start by saying what I DON'T want, based on the lessons from this game: romances. They're a complete waste of precious resources, especially for a small developer.

On the 'want' side:
    1) Richer, deeper, and more immersive main and side quests.
    2) More of being able to get through or around combat using skills/spells/stealth, etc.
    3) A LIMITED crafting system that allows us to upgrade equipment, so if we find an item we really, really like, we potentially could keep using it well into the game with those upgrades.

Kanisatha is onto something. Being able to have access to a much more thorough crafting would be amazing. The ability to know that at some point, I *will* be able to craft a keen shocking +2 longsword and a keen frosting +2 greataxe, instead of having like a tons of magic longbows and no magic longswords ( I had 3 different magic longbows before any other magic weapons, which would have been terrific if MC could use em but no :| )

Also, crafting spells. Since we *do* skip 14 days sometime in the game, it would be nice to command Octavia to craft scrolls in the meantime, so when I'm out adventuring I would have 20-30 scrolls of scorching ray for minimal price. not sure if cleric can craft communal resist scrolls, but that would be terrific to be able to quickly cast various buffs when thrown in a fight where you can't prepare (I'm still traumatized of that 3 enraged owlbear random encounter where I had no time to cast buffs nor flee from the map, since you can't click on the button to leave map while in combat).

Otherwise, I've heard that witch and oracle class is really nice. Also saw that for a Gandalf-like build an oracle class would be a match, so that's a win. Though I'd say one of the strong point of this game is the infinite number of class/archetype, for the genre I'd say PF : KM has the most diverse building possibility. Though, a character planner WOULD be really nice to know which feats to pick up instead of blindly leveling up when you're not a PF expert. I wouldn't have gotten cleave so early in the game if I knew about the specialized spell as a maguc MC.

I want more NPC interactions. It felt like that a lot of these content are cut due to time/resource limitation. Most of Kesten and Jhod's lines are voiced and yet they had so little to say. The same goes with the companions - I really enjoyed their dialogues/banters but there just weren't enough!

Also would love to see more classes and races + their specific dialogues :)

Quote Originally Posted by kanisatha View Post
    On the 'want' side:
    1) Richer, deeper, and more immersive main and side quests.
    2) More of being able to get through or around combat using skills/spells/stealth, etc.
    3) A LIMITED crafting system that allows us to upgrade equipment, so if we find an item we really, really like, we potentially could keep using it well into the game with those upgrades.
    A lot of that.

While I have really enjoyed Kingmaker so far, it is rather striking at how poorly some aspects compare to the all time classics (BG2 for example) - The quest log / journal is rudimentary at best. And many of the areas have a copy paste feel to them, being either almost empty or worse a grind of the same / similar encounters one after the other.

Maybe it isn't fair to compare Kingmaker to Baulder's Gate 1/2 but the zones in those older games quite often had a variety of different opponents, different puzzles / challenges to overcome, and far larger map areas.

More NPC variety would be nice too.

Classes: Yes to Oracle, No to Gunslinger.
    Archetypes: at least 1 new archetype for every Class for a total of 4.
    Races: make Tiefling one of the standard classes (maybe add Samsaran in a DLC).
    Spells: chill touch (1st level spell).
    Crafting: craft specific magic items instead of random ones.
    Game: turn-based option.

Still don't understand people's fascination over TB combat as someone who much prefers RTwP *shrug* Whatever fits devs vision as long as it's not RT :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    So, assuming a Sequel to Pathfinder Kingmaker is another AP, and that the choice of which AP has already been decided on, what do you guys want to see in the sequel?
    I wish...

- There will be enough time for developers to make game as they want to, not cut out things from game.
    - That developers have enough time to crush bugs instead of release game too early and spend over year to fix things what even prevent people to fully complete game.
    - When you create PC you can choose your deity, your "religion" so to speak.
    - When you create PC you can zoom in and see more clearly your PC, face, eye color and little things like that.
    - All current race's, feats, spells, archetypes, classes and so on + bit more. Atleast most wanted Hellknight (+ what come with it), maybe witch, oracle.

- It would be really great if we would get someking of "starting program" where is map of Golarion fully and we would be able to choose what AP or Module we would like to start / go to. Naturally at first it would be kind of "boring" becouse all what you can choose right now is pretty much Stolen Lands and Kingmaker module (or soon second DLC as single module). But later it would be really nice to choose from multiple AP's or modules and maybe from multiple PC's you have. (From module to module, most likely not from AP to AP)

- Later ability to create your own modules, official map / module making kit and place your own modules in that Golarion map. (Game editor)

- It would be interesting to have more forces of nature to fight for. I mean maybe cold climate where you can actually freeze, or desert where you can die without water and be able to move only during night, jungle you can lost and humidity can ruin your metal armor if you are not carefull with it. Or maybe under water, you need spells or special race to be able to do that, some weapons do not work at all under water...

- Later updates: what I mean is: when you release a new game update old ones to get new classes, items, maybe races and so on. Use same engine (if possible) and ultimately make this one huge sandbox where you have ability to choose from multiple adventures or AP's knowing that you have same spells, abilities, rules, classes and so on for every single one of them.

- Oh, not to forgot.. ..make a new kickstart. I want to be part of all this again!
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

I would like to see more classes, races and archtypes.

Mostly I would like to see some more monsteroues npc's races. Maybe like goblin and lizardfolk. For the classes I think it would be nice with some oracle, slayer and occultist.

More option for each class. Like favored class bonus. Panoplies for occultists and master pieces for bards.

I think it would be cool with your group being pathfinders and then you could go on a number of smaller self contained adventures.

Add a good map editor so people could make their own small self contained adventures.

The ability to flee from combat.

Nexus mods has crafting mod :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast