Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Community Manager k0tarsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    246

    Varnhold's Lot DLC out on Feb 28!

    Pathfinder: Kingmaker's second DLC - "Varnhold's Lot" - will be released on February 28th. Don't miss the chance to experience Maegar Varn's vast and valorous story!

    Last edited by k0tarsis; 02-25-2019 at 08:26 PM.

  2. #2
    Member Nargemn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    36
    Can't wait! Any news on how this affects Varnhold interactions in the current game? For example, you're given an invitation to Varnhold by Maegar in chapter 2. Will Varnhold's Lot significantly change how you interact in Varnhold at that time? Would it be a good idea to completely hold off the game at that point until you can finish Varnhold's Lot to see changes and impacts?

  3. #3
    Personally I want to know what exactly do we get with this DLC before I buy it. If it is just a bit more content with completely different characters but with little effect for the rest of the game I am not really interested.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Patriarche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    241
    both of these points ^

    I have the season pass through kickstarter reward tier, I just wonder what are the impacts on a playthrough. I'm currently at the beginning of bald hiltop curse part 2, I have received no invitation from Varhnold, only a project of a proposal to open a trade route between our 2 settlements, which was sent by letter so I had no interaction with anyone from that lot so far.

    EDIT : also, as we do not know yet how the trigger of this DLC will be done, it'd be nice to have a little heads up. Is it a ''go to main menu, press new game and start it as a different module than main campaign and then import the result onto a save'', or is it in-game triggerable, like selecting a dialogue option from Varhnold where you ask how he started everything, and his answer is the 6-12hours campaign?

    if it's the first option, can we import the results onto different playthrough, or do we need to do a whole Varnhold campaign for each playthrough we do?
    Last edited by Patriarche; 02-25-2019 at 02:40 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Earth. Or so I was told.
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriarche View Post
    or is it in-game triggerable, like selecting a dialogue option from Varhnold where you ask how he started everything, and his answer is the 6-12hours campaign?
    That would be nice. ^^


    Edit just to post the image above :

    Last edited by No One of Consequence; 02-25-2019 at 04:02 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Torinus View Post
    Personally I want to know what exactly do we get with this DLC before I buy it. If it is just a bit more content with completely different characters but with little effect for the rest of the game I am not really interested.
    Same. I've been waiting to buy the game and i'm going to decide if buying it now or waiting for the last DLC based on Varnhold's Lot.

    If it's just a 6-12hrs mini-campaign with nothing else in it, i'm definetly going to wait the last DLC and skip this one.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Patriarche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Beffagorn View Post
    Same. I've been waiting to buy the game and i'm going to decide if buying it now or waiting for the last DLC based on Varnhold's Lot.

    If it's just a 6-12hrs mini-campaign with nothing else in it, i'm definetly going to wait the last DLC and skip this one.
    there is definitely *something* else in the DLC, we were told that it would have repercussions in the main playthrough. However, if what you define as *nothing else* is new classes and new races, don't hold your breath, it wasn't advertised. It is a possibility though, seeing how much it was asked a lot, but the devs are not entitled to provide additionnal classes and races.

    Now if the devs were to give us something that wasn't advertised in this DLC, I would guess it would be more advisors. There were no hints as to when they would do it, but K0tarsis did star a survey on what we think is more important to deal with in the current game and the majority voted for more advisors per role (which I highly agree, seing as to when you hit chapter 4, you basically have no RP choices to keep any councillors).

    It would be a bonus if they would have already dealt with this issue and released it with Varnhold lot's, so I don't think it's coming this week.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriarche View Post
    there is definitely *something* else in the DLC, we were told that it would have repercussions in the main playthrough. However, if what you define as *nothing else* is new classes and new races, don't hold your breath, it wasn't advertised. It is a possibility though, seeing how much it was asked a lot, but the devs are not entitled to provide additionnal classes and races.

    Now if the devs were to give us something that wasn't advertised in this DLC, I would guess it would be more advisors. There were no hints as to when they would do it, but K0tarsis did star a survey on what we think is more important to deal with in the current game and the majority voted for more advisors per role (which I highly agree, seing as to when you hit chapter 4, you basically have no RP choices to keep any councillors).

    It would be a bonus if they would have already dealt with this issue and released it with Varnhold lot's, so I don't think it's coming this week.
    Oh, i know what was advertised and what wasn't. I just hope there is, since i'm personally not interested in a 2nd campaign with some repercussions. That doesn't mean i'm going to be offended or angry if there isn't. They are the ones making this game, they're obviously free to do whatever they want.

    Still, if there's Hellknights in there i'm going to buy the Imperial Edition, lol.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    403
    Yay, can't wait to play it :D

  10. #10
    Senior Member Steppenwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    147
    Wasn´t expecting it for february anymore.

    Even if its last day, its a nice surprise.

    Can´t wait to play too :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •