Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Endless Dungeon DLC Stream! June 4, 19:30 CEST/1:30 PM EDT (US)

You've asked a lot of questions about our next DLC. What's the endless dungeon gonna be like? What do you mean by "random"? Will we be able to store all our unused scrolls there?
    Instead of answering any of these (pah, who needs that?), we've decided to show it to you! Join us for an Endless Dungeon run, where you can help us build and develop our characters. Oh, and there's going to be 2 of us - me and good ol' Mortheim from the streams of "Varnhold's Lot". What can go right?
    We will be live at 7:30 PM CEST/1:30 PM EDT (US), today, June 4.

https://www.twitch.tv/owlcatgames
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Heyo, peeps! Dev streams are coming back - and with a twist! Join us tomorrow, at 7:30 PM CEST/1:30 PM EDT (US). Hint: you might see something really, really special...

__________________________________________________ ________________________

DLC Dev Stream p.5: narrative designer and community manager A.Deriglazov

Heya! Are you folks ready to see what happens in the end of "Varnhold's Lot"? I sure as hell am not - I was so interested in what Sergey was saying, I hardly paid any attention to the game. Oh well!

This time it'll be just like the good old days - just me, the host, and you, the viewers. It almost sounds romantic. Don't come and ruin the atmosphere with all your lewd jokes or anything (huehuehue, I'll be waiting).

We're still accepting your questions for the stream, so if you have any, just post them here. I'll do my best to answer them - or to get someone to answer them for me!

P.S. By the way, you can read a transcript of some of the answers our composer and audio designer Sergey gave lower in this thread!

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

DLC Dev Stream p.4: Composer and Sound Designer Sergey Eybog. Joint Eng-Rus stream!

Hello there, everyone! We're continuing our string of dev streams, and this week my guest will be Sergey Eybog - the person responsible for most of the stuff you hear in the game. He's written music (such as Tristian's "Skylark" theme), recorded ambient sound effects, directed voice actors, turned feeble shrieks of the devs into ferocious troll roars, etc. As usual, we'll answer questions you post here live, so ask away!

We will be trying out something new as well, though. This stream will be held in 2 languages at once - Russian and English. Firstly, Sergey is not very comfortable speaking English for prolonged periods of time. Secondly, a lot of our Russian fans have been dying to chat with the devs for the longest time. Thus, we'll be accepting questions in both Russian and English for this one. Sergey will be answering the questions in Russian, and I'll be translating them live (the speech centers in my brain are already throbbing with anticipation, folks).

I think it's going to be a blast. Be sure to join us!

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

DLC Dev Stream p.3: Game Designer Leonid Tolochenko

Hey-hey-hey! Thank you so much for all the questions and funny lines! Due to the overwhelming success of the new "ask questions on forum - get answers on stream" format, we've decided to keep it rolling. More and more devs are agreeing to guest star on the stream. Let's see how far we can get, shall we? :D

Next Thursday, March 14, 18:30 CET // 09:30 PT, we'll be joined by game and level designer Leonid Tolochenko, who's often chatting away on our Discord server under the name InanKy. He's been on the stream before, but in the role of (mostly) silent host. This time he'll be there to answer your questions!
    Have you always wanted to ask why the encounters are so soul-crushingly difficult at times? Or how does one come up with a beautiful dungeon design? Or what's the most imba build in the game right now? Then shoot away - ask us in this thread, and we'll answer live on Twitch!

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

DLC Dev Stream p.2: Narrative Designer Arseniy Krymov

By the way - great news, everyone! We're hosting another stream on Thursday, Mar 7, 18:30 CET/ 09:30 PT. This time our guest will be Arseny Krymov, also known as Thainen - one of the narrative designers of both the main game and the DLCs. We'd like to try out something new this time - we'll use this topic to gather questions for him in advance!

If there's anything you'd like to know about, say, what's it like to write romances, or what his creative routine is, just post a question here! We'll pick the best ones and answer them during our stream.

DLC Dev Stream p.1: Technical Editor and Community Manager Lisa Krymova

Would you like to see what our 2nd DLC, "Varnhold's Lot", has got to offer? No? You don't care about being part of a mercenary band, taming the wilderness and solving mysteries?

Well, then, maybe you'd like to meet Owlcat's glorious community managers - you know, US? The ones who talk to you every day, post OUTRAGEOUSLY HILARIOUS memes and answer all of your fan mail?
    Of course you'd like to! Join us for another dev stream this Thursday, 28 Feb, at 19:30 CEST/ 09:30 PT!

The stream will be hosted by three members of the Owlcat Games CM Team - me (hue-hue-hue, https://twitter.com/ars_l0nga), Alexey (https://twitter.com/FMortheim) and Lisa (https://twitter.com/wooden_dragon). We'll be playing our hot new DLC just hours after it gets released.
    See y'all in a coupla hours!
    Last edited by k0tarsis; 06-04-2019 at 08:56 AM.

will you be speaking in english or in russian? lol

English, of course! I can't promise I won't sound like your Eastern European neighbor Vadim, but hey, most viewers don't complain...

By the way - great news, everyone! We're hosting another stream on Thursday, Mar 7, 18:30 CET/ 09:30 PT. This time our guest will be Arseny Krymov, also known as Thainen - one of the narrative designers of both the main game and the DLCs. We'd like to try out something new this time - we'll use this topic to gather questions for him in advance!

If there's anything you'd like to know about, say, what's it like to write romances, or what his creative routine is, just post a question here! We'll pick the best ones and answer them during our stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/owlcatgames

(oh yes, I think I may use this thread for future stream announcements as well)
    Last edited by k0tarsis; 03-04-2019 at 06:06 PM.

what time? I missed the last one because I did overtime at my job :|

ps. : weren't you a narrative designer as well?

weren't you a narrative designer as well?
    Yep. I've worked on the main game only though, so I can't tell you much about the DLC. Also, Arseny is new to the stream, so greet him well!

I did overtime at my job :|
    Poor thing! I guess you weren't alone, then - we usually stream waaay deep into overtime. Like 2-3 AM Moscow time. Then again, it's so fun I wouldn't give it up for the world.
    Last edited by k0tarsis; 03-04-2019 at 05:22 PM.

we have a 5hours difference between our 2 country (eastern canada at least), so if you stream until 2-3 AM it should be 9-10PM for me, which would be good since I gotta go sleep early (poor me) .

you didnt mention when it does start though :3

so I guess we could ask you questions about whats it like to be a narrative designer? Did you work in one of the romance in the main game?

Can't wait to join everyone! Please feel free to ask anything! ^_^

that is one fabulous avatar Thainen

so can I ask when does the stream start? EDIT : nevermind, it now says 19:00 russia time. I'm going to be a jerk and say it wasn't written when I first read it and that k0tarsis edited it afterward, though I'm pretty sure I'm just dumb and didnt see it somehow (:

Community Manager Wooden Dragon's Avatar
    Double Arseny narrative combo! :D

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast