Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    You don't have to kill Octavia though? It depends on how you complete their quest.
    No, it also depends on romance, if you romance only one of them other dies. (Sacrifice themselves or killed by other ones)

Here are my questions:

With the release of Varnhold's Lot, there is 1 more announced DLC remaining. Will there be any more DLCs for Kingmaker?
    What is the future plans/projects for Owlcat Games? Could you please share any detail on (potential) sequel to Kingmaker?
    Kingmaker included Chinese localisation. Is there any chance for Korean localisation? I live in Australia and speak fluent English but I always felt it's a shame that many Korean players don't get to enjoy this gem due to language barrier.
    I really loved music scores in Kingmaker, particularly the "Rule of...." series and "Skylark". Where did you draw inspiration from for these beautiful scores?
    How did you feel about working on a game based on existing AP module? Was it easier to have the base story framework there or was it more restrictive to be more creative?
    It appears you all had such hectic schedule even after the release of the game on 25th Sept 2018. How did you cope with all this? What gave you guys encouragement?
    Last edited by purpleblob; 03-06-2019 at 09:46 PM.

It might be a weird question, but are you hiring? Would it be possible for a juniour Unity developer who may not me superprogrammer but have a lot of strong desire to study and love towards games like Kingmaker to join your ranks? I was looking for a job info but failed to find it. Maybe just wasn't looking good enough.

My questions:

1) could you talk a bit about the process of writing a game in Russian, then translating and editing in English and putting it together with what the English-speaking writers wrote? How did it work?

2) What was your favourite part to write?

3) Resurrection questions. I'll put it under the spoiler.
    Spoiler:

4) Who do we need to thank for Maegar Varn romance? It was beautiful!

5) Do you plan to add a romance in every DLC or we just have been lucky so far? :)

WOW.
    Player-senpai... have you noticed us? You have so many questions all of a sudden...
    *he-he*

On a more serious note, here's a couple more questions the CM team have gathered from our other platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.). I'll copy them over so that we remember to address them as well:
    1) Can you reveal who wrote which characters? How did you make Chris Avellone believe in love and participate in a game with romances?
    2) Was Tristian supposed to die if you go to barbarians before rescuing him? Because the fact that his quest doesn't progress doesn't really make sense if he survives, and there's no explanation why he doesn't want redemption anymore. So it just feels like a bug.
    3) What made you decide on players having consequences for decisions reaching as far as the final chapter which could potentially snuff out characters permanently that merited no real contribution to the plot or the story? I.E. Jaethal and Tristian at the house at the edge of time.
    4) Any plans on PF:K 2? Or perhaps something like IWD? I mean you have an engine which is (mostly) working OK. You've got an expirience on creating a solid story-driven game. Why not to announce a brand new adventure?
    5) How foreplanned were the decisions in alignment-restricted storypaths? Like only Lawful characters being able to save both Jhod and Kesten? Or evil characters recruiting Vordakai? Having never played the TT module, I don't know if those were included, but it's one of my favorite parts of this game. Each playthrough on a different alignment has been a different experience in a way I haven't seen "branching" RPGs accomplish before.
    6) The game starts off with a fairly simple premise but the amount of small interconnected details becomes overwhelming real fast. How did you keep track of all the stuff? Insanely complicated diagrams? Whole rooms covered in photos and red strings like in detective movies?

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    On a more serious note, here's a couple more questions the CM team have gathered from our other platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.). I'll copy them over so that we remember to address them as well:
    1) Can you reveal who wrote which characters? How did you make Chris Avellone believe in love and participate in a game with romances?
    2) Was Tristian supposed to die if you go to barbarians before rescuing him? Because the fact that his quest doesn't progress doesn't really make sense if he survives, and there's no explanation why he doesn't want redemption anymore. So it just feels like a bug.
    3) What made you decide on players having consequences for decisions reaching as far as the final chapter which could potentially snuff out characters permanently that merited no real contribution to the plot or the story? I.E. Jaethal and Tristian at the house at the edge of time.
    4) Any plans on PF:K 2? Or perhaps something like IWD? I mean you have an engine which is (mostly) working OK. You've got an expirience on creating a solid story-driven game. Why not to announce a brand new adventure?
    5) How foreplanned were the decisions in alignment-restricted storypaths? Like only Lawful characters being able to save both Jhod and Kesten? Or evil characters recruiting Vordakai? Having never played the TT module, I don't know if those were included, but it's one of my favorite parts of this game. Each playthrough on a different alignment has been a different experience in a way I haven't seen "branching" RPGs accomplish before.
    6) The game starts off with a fairly simple premise but the amount of small interconnected details becomes overwhelming real fast. How did you keep track of all the stuff? Insanely complicated diagrams? Whole rooms covered in photos and red strings like in detective movies?
    I like question 1 and 6

will there be a written publication of all answers after the stream or, better yet, the possibility to watch the stream at a later date after it was recorded? Now that we are effectively thursday 7th march, I know it is today (thanks to strategimini pointing that simple fact to me), however I have an important project scheduled to be given back tomorrow so I might finish super late and miss the stream :(

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarche View Post
    I like question 1 and 6

will there be a written publication of all answers after the stream or, better yet, the possibility to watch the stream at a later date after it was recorded? Now that we are effectively thursday 7th march, I know it is today (thanks to strategimini pointing that simple fact to me), however I have an important project scheduled to be given back tomorrow so I might finish super late and miss the stream :(
    It'll be up fro 2 weeks on Twitch. after that they'll try and get it onto Youtube.

I just got back from my job and I'm sad to see that the stream has already ended :( oh well.. guess I'll check the record on twitch this weekend. Thanks for the info Strat btw.

End of questions for DLC Dev Stream p.2!
    Next Thursday we'll be streaming at the same time, joined by game designer Leonid Tolochenko - see first post in thread for details. New guest - new questions, amirite or amirite?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast