Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I was a bit dismayed at Maegar being a rogue instead of maybe a fighter or ranger, if only because he kept being described as bulging with muscles when you meet him in the main game, but his actual stats are high Dex and looow (11!) strength! On a replay of this I plan to install the Advanced Martial Arts mod and change him into a Slayer.

I'm on my second playthrough of "new game" - I'm discovering more secrets and having a lot more fun this time!!

Teleporting in the first level of the keep might end up as a fun surprise encounter (hint - the dog).

Also the boogie man encounter was fun challenge too!!

Cool. I just reached old stump on my 1st playthrough.

Did i already missed those encounters? Because i donīt recall finding any keep (yet) or even hints or a boogie man.

Thanks for the hints!

damn that crystal puzzle in old stump is tedious. It's a trial and error type where you have to illuminate them (by clicking on them) in the right order and they'll reset when you make an error, so you'll be constantly clicking on the first crystal until you get into trial #268 where you get finally the right order.

There are 12 crystals and one pedestal with a crystal missing that you'll find in an unlocked chest (so don't worry if you're locked out of a chest), so 13 crystals in total. Luckily, you only need to find a pattern for the 10th first crystal so there are 3 crystals just there to mess with you.

I might post the order I used tonight to check with someone else if the crystal order is randomly generated. When I first tried the puzzle (and didnt notice the missing crystal), the top center crystal was the first one to stay illuminated with the top right crystal being the second one. After I put the missing crystal back in place, it was the very bottom right crystal which was first one to stay illuminated, and then very left of center that was the 2nd one.

Anyone can confirm? I'll give you a tip that won't make it less tedious, but at least doable : keep pressing tab for the entire time and you'll see all the ''hands button'' which you need to click to activate the crystal. If you click a crystal that is in the right order, the ''hand button'' will disappear, which is far easier to keep track of than simply on relying the green light on a green grass background. Also, don't click too fast, wait at least half a second after you click a crystal. I didn't find the 3rd crystal for quite a bit of time even though I did activated it on the right order, its just that the game need half a second to give off the light animation, so it must be a tiny detail like the game doesn't consider that the crystal is activated until the animation ended.

very tedious all in all. quite a bit of xp and ok loot (especially for paladin which is great) if you didn't kill

Spoiler:

I personnally think that the puzzle in jamandi estate in prologue was a better design than this one. There was a logic that you could catch on instead of brute forcing through.
    Last edited by Patriarche; 03-04-2019 at 02:42 PM.

I personnally think that the puzzle in jamandi estate in prologue was a better design than this one. There was a logic that you could catch on instead of brute forcing through.
    How interesting! And what was the logic in Jamandi's mansion? I got the idea of this new puzzle fairly quickly...
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    I got the idea of this new puzzle fairly quickly...
    Spoiler:
    fite me! it's not a perfect spiral though. according to how I mapped the pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    How interesting! And what was the logic in Jamandi's mansion?
    can't describe it in a few words like you did, but you had to plan both your resolution with the 2 statues in the east chamber in order to be able to quickly resolve it rather than going randomly with the west chamber.

There's a reddit thread that had the solution to the crystal puzzle. It worked for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_...m_the_new_dlc/

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    Cool. I just reached old stump on my 1st playthrough.

Did i already missed those encounters? Because i donīt recall finding any keep (yet) or even hints or a boogie man.

Thanks for the hints!

You haven't missed any of the encounters - these are all in the final dungeon called Lostlarn Keep :) Make sure you have one party member with high perception skill or you will miss the boogie man.

@Patriarche: the crystal puzzle solution isn't randomly generated and the solution posted on reddit (see the link GrandPoobah posted) worked for me in both playthroughs.
    Last edited by purpleblob; 03-04-2019 at 09:31 PM.

thanks again :)

Quote Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
    You haven't missed any of the encounters - these are all in the final dungeon called Lostlarn Keep :) Make sure you have one party member with high perception skill or you will miss the boogie man.

@Patriarche: the crystal puzzle solution isn't randomly generated and the solution posted on reddit (see the link GrandPoobah posted) worked for me in both playthroughs.
    yup I see now that it's exactly the same as my pattern.

as for high perception skill, I have someone with 20+ perception check so... it should be ok right?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast