Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    So, Owlcat announced a "New Race"

What does that mean?

Answer: I have no idea! Have some Speculation!

My first thought is Tiefling, or Aasimar. But those races are both already implemented. So it isn't them. It's got to be a race that fits practically in the AP, so it's not an Aquatic race or a Space Alien (Adaro, Android, Aquatic Elf, Boggard, Cecaelia, Deep One Hybrid, Gillman, Grindylow, Kasatha, Lasthunta, Locathah, Merfolk, Naiad, Reptoid, Triaxian, Triton, Trox, or Yaddithian). Likewise we're not getting anything with Flight (Gathlain, Strix, Syrinx, Wyvaran). Anything with a Super Strong Flavor that isn't a component of the AP, or is from a totally different Region of Golarion is probably also out (Astomoi, Caligni, Drow, Duergar, Gnoll, Grippli, Kitsune, Kuru, Monkey Goblin, Munavri, Nagaji, Orang-Pendak, Sahuagin, Samsaran, Shabti, Svirfneblin, Tengu, Vanara, Vine Leshy, Vishkanya, Wayang). Wyrwood, Ghoran, Ratfolk, and Rougarou may be out for mechanical reasons. they each have weird mechanics that make them harder choices to implement.

It could be Goblin, Goblins are already really popular and half-implemented in Kingmaker already. But something tells me that's not it. If we can't get Goblins in Kingmaker because "No one would respect/believe a Goblin baron so we'd have to do more writing" a Goblin leader of a Crusade might also be too much. Similarly, I think Hobgoblin, and Kobolds are out for the same reason.

It's probably one of the Planetouched though: Aphorite, Duskwalker, Fetchling, Ganzi, Ifrit, Oread, Suli, Sylph, Undine. All of those choices are natural when dealing with a lot of outsiders and an inter-planar invasion. Of them, it's hard to pick just one though.

Which leaves the final list of stragglers at: Catfolk, Changeling, Dhampir, Lizardfolk, Orc, and Skinwalker.

One of those choices will be the new Race, unless they decide to implement a non-player race like a Boggard or the Mongrelmen you meet early on in the Tabletop version of Wrath. Both of which seem unlikely options.

My money is on mongrelman. As it seems like a waste to create a whole race for but one, single NPC. Nok-Nok's model was at least a good investment in the sense that goblins played a major role as enemies in Kingmaker. Well, that and me wanting to have monstrous humanoids as a playable race for the longest of times. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kamigoroshi View Post
    My money is on mongrelman. As it seems like a waste to create a whole race for but one, single NPC. Nok-Nok's model was at least a good investment in the sense that goblins played a major role as enemies in Kingmaker. Well, that and me wanting to have monstrous humanoids as a playable race for the longest of times. :P
    I mean, Mongrelman would be cool? But hats and character creation tools would be absolutely Wild for them. It seems unlikely to me. Though I admit it could be possible. Owlcat isn't abopve making stuff up from Whole Cloth for this game, since they're adding those new mythic paths.

Said it on the Discord, I think it might be Android <_<

My money are for Dhampir or Skinwalker.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

I could see Orcs making it in. They show up a few times in the AP.

Anything else will likely be a kickstarter vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamigoroshi View Post
    I think you're right. There's a whole town of mongrelmen, so it makes sense to reuse the resources if they already have to make the models.

So here are my recap notes from the stream.

Vigilante is Unadaptable to PC.
    Pros about Wrath: Epicness. Simplicity in basic ideas.
    ALL Paths can summon allies!
    Gain new abilities as levels up.
    Similar abilities to Gestalt. allow you to advance along a somewhat changed class.
    Angel: Angel summons other angels.
    Lich: Summons Undead. Lich is a wizard. Can become a Lich as fighter. Allows you to cast no matter what class you go in. The spell list changes depending on your class. fighters get vampiric swords. Wizards advance spell book, gain spells earlier. Lich and Wizard Levels combine. Grants access to 10th level spells.
    Trickster: Summons Fae. InanKy's Favorite. not really about tricking others. It's about Tricking the world. trickster upgrades skills. Mythic Level up of skills. Knowledge world replaces 1s with nat 20s. Athletics allows to remove other conditions like poison and Nausea.

Dynamic Start in act 1.

NO Requirement to be Good. You can Be Evil!
    Owlcat tries to allow you a lot of ways to derail the story...
    New companion has Grandma Patron. She was her grandma, and her dad's grandma, and her grampa's grandma.... Also, no straight answer as to whether this grandma's house is related to a chicken.
    Special New Witch Archetype!
    Whole Sandbox Chapter
    Interactivity to Deity choice... Wanted but may not be implemented
    New Character (the elf from the key art, though that wasn't mentioned and the Key art is an incorrect depiction of her) is based off a concept of Child Crusader. She is Mentally a child. and a Witch. With a whole new Cha casting Archetype.

Mythic system: Advance by Class. In Addition you have a Personal Mythic Journey. Any Mythic can be any class. On Top of Class Abilities. some powers become mythic, some new powers. Heavily affects story. A Lich's Path is different from Angel's.
    Mythics:

This new mythic stuff sounds surprisingly dope.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast