• In

7 33.33%
  • Out

14 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuff Packs

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar

Stuff Packs

I think this could be a great way of solving a lot of problems when it comes down to dlcs as you lot know by now that you can only put in so much into a standard dlc but with stuff packs we could get new classes new races and new buildings for our kingdoms the great thing about stuff packs is there is no story in them so it will not take as long as a standard dlc so what do you lot think about having stuff packs being made by owlcat do you think it's a good idea or a bad one

What the heck is a Stuff pack?

It's like a horse armor DLC I think? Owlcat won't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    It's like a horse armor DLC I think? Owlcat won't do it.
    Yep it like the horse armor dlc but instead of horse armor we would get new classes new races and new buildings for our kingdoms

I voted out because, honestly. Well, it is OK to get "stuff" if you are kickstart backer or order game early. But I personally feel that what is happening in most games is wrong. You pay let's say 5€/$/£ for a new flag you can put on top of some building or even 5 new custom portraits. OR you get one new race/class and pay for 20€/$/£ for that. Back in days for games like Total Annihilation: Kingdoms you get expansion and you had like 1/3 of new content (one new faction to play for, new story with around 40 hour, new custom maps all in same CD/DVD) or so. Sure price were like 20-25€ if game were like 50€ to start for but still. Not to mention it was released like a year or two after base game were released, not like now days in worst case scenario "first DLC will be with the game IF you buy the game before it is released or during first week, after it will be 4,99€ it is called blood effects!" (and without it enemies / your units do not bleed).
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 06-04-2019 at 04:07 AM.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

How about no?

I was pretty sad to see that Hellknights are (probably) not coming for this game, but i'd still prefer to not have them instead of infecting this game with garbage, cash grab micro-dlcs (CoughMapPacks/HorseArmorCough) like every other game we have nowadays.

If Owlcat really wants to create new classes/races they should be on par with the Wildcards dlc.

I voted for Out.
    Not interested in microtransactions. Tends to be overpriced for the "value" it adds. And the value doesn't last long.
    I rather pay more for more content. If a new class should be added than rather via a DLC with new quest, locations. items ect.
    No problem paying for that

Microtransactions can work wonderfully for both sides, but there are considerable risks:

1) Devs might end up called "greedy". Kingmaker is already a full-price game, and then (subjectively) important content must still be unlocked by further payment? Payment for additions that have a much worse content per cost ratio than the core game? This would aggrevate some players for sure.

2) If you make up microtransactions, you have to support them all properly - or you aggrevate your paying players. Now each microtransaction is sold only a limited amount of times, but you still have to provide a lot of support and maintenance work, since most bugs and other problems will still show up. Means a significantly increased support time per income ratio. Ugh. Might be a reason why some companies mostly sell non-mechanical game elements via microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningSheep View Post
    Microtransactions can work wonderfully for both sides, but there are considerable risks:

1) Devs might end up called "greedy". Kingmaker is already a full-price game, and then (subjectively) important content must still be unlocked by further payment? Payment for additions that have a much worse content per cost ratio than the core game? This would aggrevate some players for sure.

2) If you make up microtransactions, you have to support them all properly - or you aggrevate your paying players. Now each microtransaction is sold only a limited amount of times, but you still have to provide a lot of support and maintenance work, since most bugs and other problems will still show up. Means a significantly increased support time per income ratio. Ugh. Might be a reason why some companies mostly sell non-mechanical game elements via microtransactions.
    I do agree with you on it being a risk the big reason why i thought stuff packs would be a good idea is the 3rd dlc might be the last one so this is a way of getting stuff we want i am kinda sad that my poll is not going well :(

Well I did vote IN, but I am conflicted as well.
    Microtransactions CAN be made properly, but there have been plenty of games recently where it is abused to simply cash out more money from the playerbase. I can see it work in F2P games sure. But from the last few Tomb Raider and pretty much all of EA games it had a lot of bad fullprice-cashgrabs that screamed: "We do not care about the playerbase and just want your money so shut up!"

So unless made properly and with good intend I can only be for "stuff" if it is money and time worth and not just a simple addition for a fee. Fortunately so far Owlcat did seem to listen and pay attention to the players so it might be worth a try.
    Last edited by alexandh@gmx.de; 06-05-2019 at 03:14 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast