Beneath the stolen lands roguelike - I always find the wicked chanter

I'm playing the beneath the stolen lands DLC as a standalone. As I understand it, each time you play with a new party you can find only one boss in the dungeon. So on my first run I ran into the wicked chanter. On my second, third and fourth run I already had the wicked chanter crossed off in the journal, but it still appeared again and again and again. I reported it as a bug, but other than that what can I do? I want to be able to progress the story.

It's not a bug - one of the four "mini" bosses spawn randomly in each run but I think there is a mechanic that's built in that reduces the chance to spawn the same boss again in the next run - you will eventually get different bosses.

You also need to collect 4 unique items relating to each of the mini bosses (which drops off from random mobs) if you want to see the "true" ending. I got 1 item dropped per each run on average (sometimes I got 2 items and sometimes none in one run until I face one of the mini bosses).

It took me 18 runs to kill all 4 bosses (I killed 3 bosses several times but I only saw Captor and Captive once) and collect 16 items (4 items each for 4 mini bosses).
    Last edited by purpleblob; Yesterday at 09:16 PM.