Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Cleaned up the Inro Post. Pathfinder CRPG 2 Is now Pre-announced (they've announced they're announcing it this year).

First, I really like Pathfinder Kingmaker. It is better than Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale. Owlcat has done a tremendous job capturing the Pathfinder gaming system to an CRPG.

As to a sequel, my hopes would be Rise of the Runelord. I have GM'd this campaign twice now. It is a rich story. The Seven Virtues and Sins would be an interesting and unique addition to a CRPG environment particularly at higher levels. I have grown very fond of Sandpoint. It may be the best starter town created for RPGs. I would love to actually explore this town and then later Magnimar too. It has everything from Goblins, to a Horror element, to Giants, to powerful evil Wizards.

And as Pathfinders initial AP, it would bring a lot of player to the game.

I hope that it builds on the stuff already created for PF: KM and builds upon it, so that Alchemists, Barbarians, Bards, Clerics, Druids, Fighters, Inquisitors, Kinetists, Magus, Monks, Rangers, Rogues, Slayers, Sorcerers, Wizards, Humans, Elves, Halflings, Dwarves, Half Elves, Half Orcs, Gnomes, Tieflings, Aasimar in it already.

I'd love to see Dampyrs, Catfolk, Vishara, and Gobliniods, Oracle, Witch, Summoner, in PF 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegaphallic View Post
    I hope that it builds on the stuff already created for PF: KM and builds upon it, so that Alchemists, Barbarians, Bards, Clerics, Druids, Fighters, Inquisitors, Kinetists, Magus, Monks, Rangers, Rogues, Slayers, Sorcerers, Wizards, Humans, Elves, Halflings, Dwarves, Half Elves, Half Orcs, Gnomes, Tieflings, Aasimar in it already.

I'd love to see Dampyrs, Catfolk, Vishara, and Gobliniods, Oracle, Witch, Summoner, in PF 2.
    My good friend SpaceHamster actually Implemented Dhampirs, Goblins, and Hobgoblins in PF:K : https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/144 and https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/83 if you really want them.

As for your wishlist: You should be pleasantly surprised.

Summoner seems like it'd be a horrific pain to implement given the range of options they have. Me I'm hoping to see Arcanist in it and either Wrath of the Righteous or Jade Reagent. But at least we know 100% its going ahead at the moment so there will be a part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Senko View Post
    Summoner seems like it'd be a horrific pain to implement given the range of options they have. Me I'm hoping to see Arcanist in it and either Wrath of the Righteous or Jade Reagent. But at least we know 100% its going ahead at the moment so there will be a part 2.
    I was told that Summoner was proposed for Kingmaker. Upon hearing that they wanted to make summoner, members of the dev team said "we can either make summoners, or we can make the rest of the game."

I very much doubt we're getting summoner in anything but a DLC. and even then it feels doubtful.

I have learned that the visuals and character models and animations are being overhauled and that instead of the flag system that Owlcat used prior for events, they are now using something called "Etudes" which I haven't the foggiest how they work except that they are non-binary and somehow neater and more versatile than flags.

This leads me to believe that the underlying engine is getting a major overhaul in a lot of ways for the next game.

So models currently in P;K, as well as any future mods bringing custom assets on the table (props to Races Unleashed), won't work in Owlcat's next game? I'm kinda mixed on that to be honest. Overhauled models and graphics are of course always welcome... but fixing something that ain't broke won't exactly help in optimizing the workflow.

I at least very dearly hope they are sticking to the Unity engine and not venture forth anywhere near Unreal Engine territory. If only for modding's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamigoroshi View Post
    So models currently in P;K, as well as any future mods bringing custom assets on the table (props to Races Unleashed), won't work in Owlcat's next game? I'm kinda mixed on that to be honest. Overhauled models and graphics are of course always welcome... but fixing something that ain't broke won't exactly help in optimizing the workflow.

I at least very dearly hope they are sticking to the Unity engine and not venture forth anywhere near Unreal Engine territory. If only for modding's sake.
    It's still Unity last I heard. and yeah, that's exactly the context it showed up in. I asked about a Mod to port Harrim into the next game.

oh official link or source material please?

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast