Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    If Owlcats continue to produce Pathfinder RPGs with quality and content that matches (or exceed) Kingmaker, I will be over the moon :)

Iím personally hoping for Wrath of the Righteous as a sequel. The plays guide does say that all races and Wald of life are welcome to help defend the world from the demon incursion. Iíve DMíd this game from beginning to end and even had evil characters in my party (Hellknights hate demons). Iím sure they can manage to twist the story to why you want to slay demons (or maybe even take control of them)

Quote Originally Posted by kyuubifox17@yahoo.com View Post
    Iím personally hoping for Wrath of the Righteous as a sequel. The plays guide does say that all races and Wald of life are welcome to help defend the world from the demon incursion. Iíve DMíd this game from beginning to end and even had evil characters in my party (Hellknights hate demons). Iím sure they can manage to twist the story to why you want to slay demons (or maybe even take control of them)
    You may get your wish. I know that the next game has at least one evil companion, and Wrath of the Righteous is currently topping my suspicions list. I won't announce until I'm certain what it is, but Wrath wouldn't surprise me at all right now given what I know.
    Last edited by Stratagemini; 06-09-2019 at 04:30 AM.

Do we have an estimation when whould the next pathfinder game will come out?
    I'm pretty much chill in where ever we're headed to.

Wonder if it will recognise several plot flags from this game (simple ones. Like kingdom alignments and who gets to rule by your side in Tuskdale) and have 1 or 2 NPC make a nod to it. It's trivial, but I guess due to 'renown accross golarion' I'd just want to know how 'renown' from a foreigner's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by close2myheart View Post
    Do we have an estimation when whould the next pathfinder game will come out?
    I'm pretty much chill in where ever we're headed to.

Wonder if it will recognise several plot flags from this game (simple ones. Like kingdom alignments and who gets to rule by your side in Tuskdale) and have 1 or 2 NPC make a nod to it. It's trivial, but I guess due to 'renown accross golarion' I'd just want to know how 'renown' from a foreigner's perspective.
    So, apparently Owlcat is being held to Paizo's internal Chronology as to when APs start. That's an issue because Paizo assumes that each AP starts in the Golarion equivalent to the earth year it was released, but Kingmaker takes 5 years in internal chronology.

That means that in order to have the next fame recognize ending flags it needs to occur AFTER the ending. Kingmaker came out early 2010. So at 2 APs a year the earliest AP that can do that is... Giant Slayer.

If Owlcat want to make Wrath of the righteous (the current front runner in my theorizing), Reign of Winter, Skull and Shackles or Iron Gods? Those all happen DURING Kingmaker. If they want to make Rise of the Runelords, or Curse of the Crimson Throne? Those predate Kingmaker.

Actually, I can appreciate Paizo's pov wanting to preserve their canon. Why is it necessary for a new game to have any connection to the first game? It is a needless and pointless constraint on Owlcat making the game they want to make.

Paizo doesn't 'have to' create any connections from game A to game B, it's just something trivial that gives a little nod to the past and I thought would be a nice touch. Just for that sentimental feeling I guess.
    But I'd rather not if the timeline doesn't make sense.. (will the next game happen before or after Kingmaker?)

I'm just a little antsy waiting for their next project. Any news about it will be awsome XD LoL

Edit : Btw thx for the insights, Stratagemini XD
    Last edited by close2myheart; 06-26-2019 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by close2myheart View Post
    (will the next game happen before or after Kingmaker?
    That's a false dichotomy.

5 APs happen before Kingmaker.
    9 APs happen during Kingmaker (not including Kingmaker itself).
    9 APs happen After Kingmaker (of which two are not in the running hecause the timing for their releases don't fit).

Statistically? The most likely timing for the next game is during Kingmaker.

Talking about difficulty, I think Owlcat made things more awkward for themselves by not having a "default pathfinder rules" setting. "Normal" is not rules-normal. "Challenging" is not rules-normal. You've got to dick around with individual settings to get a "Pathfinder the way you'd expect it to be" setting. That's just weird.

I'd hope the next module has a Game Normal set up if they want it to be easier for newcomers. Probably a good idea. Then a "Pathfinder Rules" setting with all rolls and creature stats as you'd expect to find them in the module. Then as many upward difficulty settings as they want for the people who need more challenge.

When it comes to the actual module, I'm cool with any that offer the standard fantasy classes (and I imagine that's a lot easier to build since the core classes and spells are already made). I'm more comfortable with those than fantasy-sci fi hybrids. Call me boring but I'm too old to change now. I'd prefer a game with sandboxy elements so you don't feel like you're forced to play everything in the order that the game writers planned, but it doesn't have to be as open as P:K.

My first choice for new AP would probably be Hell's Rebels.

But... that said, I think it would be great for Owlcat to do Reign of Winter - on the grounds that I'm stereotyping Russian developers, and because I really would love to see "Rasputin Must Die!" in computer game form.

And although Strange Aeons is almost definitely out (due to Lovecraftian-ness), I was thinking it would lend itself to a really cool hook: a Sanity tree of the psyche with various nodes (like memories, abilities, etc) locked - then playing the game would at certain story highlights grant some sanity points to spend on your sanity tree.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast