Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamigoroshi View Post
    Gosh... I really hope the Witch class makes it into the EE. Seeing as apparently lots of devs are fans of said class and all.
    Sorry pal but no witch class i have asked them and there have said no to the witch class being in the game

New Dev diary means new details!

1. RESPEC Confirmed!
    In the Enhanced Edition, you’ll find a new option allowing to turn respec on and off. The high difficulty levels cannot tolerate any hesitation, so on Challenging mode and higher the option will be turned off by default. And if you’d like to turn it on manually, the difficulty level will automatically switch to “Custom”, thus locking all of the “Challenging” achievements.
    First three uses are free. Anything above that will cost more each time. You will be able to respec your main hero and your custom characters completely. Companions can only be reset to the level they had when you met them (for example, you will be able to reset Octavia down to total character level 2 with 1 level of rogue and 1 level of wizard).
    2. New Random Encounters! Boggards! Dweomerkitties, Wandering Merchants! Not just battles anymore!
    3. Boggards!
    4. New Energy-related Death animations! https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/stea...68c7dc97e0.png
    5. Fangberry Cave is redesigned!
    6. A wizard rearranged the Map of the Stolen lands!
    7. 3 New lair areas!
    8. The Technic League no longer Blinds you!
    9. More Wolves in The Old Sycamore! (also Weaker bandits)
    10. Rebalanced enemy AC!
    11. New Coup de Grâce abilities!
    12. More loot from what used to be rare weapon types!

As for DLC 3? ... I've heard tell that DLC3 will be taking full advantage of the increased enemy types and weapons...

Looks nice.
    Not a big fan of the nerfs but i see the reason. Everything else sounds really good to me.
    I'm looking forward especially to the "more rare weapon types" addition and changes to the Map.

The respec alone is awesome news. But the rest looks nice too.

Oh wow. You guys have A LOT of dirt on us and our plans. He-he.
    (nervously wipes sweat from brow)
    Anyways, just wanted to tell ya that you can take a look at "Beneath the Stolen Lands" DLC tonight, in about 9 hours, via our stream! Check out the details here: Stream Thread!

Not a big fan of the nerfs but i see the reason.
    Thing is, Steam Reviews have shown us that new players are not very good at using the difficulty settings. So we had to do something to make life easier for them (and to stop our ratings from sliding down, heh). Here's a quote from a negative review that really stuck with me:

Well, and playing easier is no option for me, even if i have to probably. So i am dissapointed in this game.
    So I guess it's a bit more reasonable for us to expect you, our core audience, to crank up the difficulty than it is for us to expect new people to tune it down.

Hi k0tarsis
    Yes i know theses comments very well.
    "Oh the game is very hard on very hard but i refuse to turn down the difficulty because i'm a crybaby".:-)
    That's why i wrote "i see the reason".
    I mean the game itself has a very good difficulty customization. That some people don't take advantage of it is beyond me.
    For me personally such nerfs are a necessary evil. Don't like them but if they help the sales so you guys have a larger budget for further development i can live with it:-)

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    Thing is, Steam Reviews have shown us that new players are not very good at using the difficulty settings. So we had to do something to make life easier for them (and to stop our ratings from sliding down, heh). Here's a quote from a negative review that really stuck with me:

So I guess it's a bit more reasonable for us to expect you, our core audience, to crank up the difficulty than it is for us to expect new people to tune it down.
    Yes you always have to factor in people's ego. I myself have no problem playing on easy since I care about the combat the least. Setting "normal" as easy may be the way to go for most casual/newbie gamers.

Another idea: might it be possible to have two separate difficulty scales, one specifically just for combat and another for the game overall? Then people can set the overall difficulty at normal/default, giving their ego the sense that they are not playing on easy, but they can lower the combat difficulty if they're having problems in just that part of the game.

I have been reliably informed that the next game will be "less sandboxy." Since Kingmaker is the most Sandbox-like of any of the APs, this reduces the remaining list to "any AP other than Kingmaker." Still, for people who want to know what the next game will be like? this is interesting info.

This is really good news. I enjoy the sandbox just as much as the next guy but I'm getting a little tired of it. I would love a Pathfinder game that gives me that true, classic single-player RPG experience, starting with a fantastic rich story that keeps me engrossed from the beginning, then sophisticated character development with meaningful growth at every level-up, deep branching dialog, meaningful reactivity with NPCs and the environment, and choices that matter with real consequences.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast