Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    I'm the source through chats with devs. I happen to be an admin on the official Owlcat Discord server if that makes it official enough for you though?

it does, good enough for me. thanks

Well if those "Etudes" or whatever they're called will help them improve and expand on reactivity to our choices, then I'm definitely excited to see what they do! As for the engine and graphics overhaul - it's not a huge deal for me, but given how many gamers can be snobby and demand incredible graphics, it's probably a good overall choice for the sequel. Plus it might give us more options to customize our characters!

Quote Originally Posted by PantherX1412 View Post
    Well if those "Etudes" or whatever they're called will help them improve and expand on reactivity to our choices, then I'm definitely excited to see what they do! As for the engine and graphics overhaul - it's not a huge deal for me, but given how many gamers can be snobby and demand incredible graphics, it's probably a good overall choice for the sequel. Plus it might give us more options to customize our characters!
    Honestly, one of the big things that makes me excited about them? Is that with a more varied flag system, the amount of workarounds needed for complex reactivity goes down a lot. That should, as I understand it, cut down on bugs; or at least make them easier to fix.

I think everyone can appreciate how much time Owlcat has put into fixing bugs, but I'd much rather they have to spend less time fixing bugs and thus have more time to spend creating new content.

More content will always be welcomed.

.. Is there a time estimation though on when the new game will be out?

Last time it was about a year and a half after the Kickstarter. Perhaps with "lessons learned" it wouldn't take quite as long this time, but even so we're likely looking at 2021 or 2022 rather than the late-2020 date some people are hoping for.
    Last edited by jsaving; 10-19-2019 at 03:11 PM.

it's way too early in the dev cycle to talk about release dates. But I know that they've been working on this project in concordance with console releases (They're doing at least some, if not all the work on those in house, but I haven't really been interested to ask much about console ports). They just moved offices and became an independent studio (as per the Steam post a few days back with its wonderful photos). And work started on this game back in January or December.

Saw that Steam post. Kudos to Owlcat for going indie!

I'm really liking this most recent bit of discussion re. the next game. If there's one thing about P:K that was a major gripe for me, it is that the game puts too much emphasis on combat encounters at the expense of other key RPG elements of the game such as story, character development, reactivity, consequences to your choices that are meaningful but not punitive, etc. I'm not saying these outside-of-combat elements were not there in the game. Obviously they were. Just that I would prefer a balance that was a bit more towards the outside-of-combat elements of the game versus the combat elements.

Quote Originally Posted by kanisatha View Post
    Saw that Steam post. Kudos to Owlcat for going indie!

I'm really liking this most recent bit of discussion re. the next game. If there's one thing about P:K that was a major gripe for me, it is that the game puts too much emphasis on combat encounters at the expense of other key RPG elements of the game such as story, character development, reactivity, consequences to your choices that are meaningful but not punitive, etc. I'm not saying these outside-of-combat elements were not there in the game. Obviously they were. Just that I would prefer a balance that was a bit more towards the outside-of-combat elements of the game versus the combat elements.
    Well, Pathfinder is a very combat oriented system, but there was a lot of tuning of random encounters that went on in the first game and i'm sure they learned something from that (they definitely fixed the bug in the beta that dropped a random encounter every second you were travelling so that you got one after each cooldown period no matter what).

I wouldn't say no to the next game's difficulty tuning adjusting the frequency and experience from Random encounters though.

What I'd most like to see is an actual city, like Baldur's Gate or Athkatla, rather than a (nearly) quest-free capital.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast