Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhos94 View Post
    P2P in game mean Pay to Play, the opposite of F2P, Free to Play
    Ok, I stand corrected.

However, I fail to see where's the problem with Pay to Play. Seems legitimate to me.

Ask on stream tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    I got the Season pass and thus the DLC, so I can not check it myself, but could you provide more details on those new abilities ? What are they, specifically ?
    Please provide facts rather than vague accusations. It's always a better way of communicating.
    If you cannot provide details, please post the link to those reddit threads, so that we (players) and the devs may take a look into it and maybe clarify things. ;)
    It's been confirmed by multiple people, including Naliamegod in this thread (read up). If you have the DLC, it's easy enough to confirm ingame.

"... you are able to select 3/day uses of Extend or Reach Metamagic, and at higher levels there are Empower, Maximize and Quicken3/day (I believe without spending higher level spellslots)."

"Alchemist got some cool stuff - including discovery that doubles the length of potions and increases their effectivness level."

There's no question about whether there's new abilities in the most recent downloads or not; the question is whether it's a good thing that these class abilities are only accessible by paying for a campaign that someone might not have any interest in, and whether it's a good business model to do all this without any communication/notification whatsoever.
    Last edited by AlexDumas; 03-10-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Hello everyone,

it turns out we've made a mistake while compiling the promo materials and information about the new DLC. Namely, "Varnhold's Lot" does add a few new feats for existing classes into the game. This was a planned feature and we were supposed to announce it beforehand. However, one of the devs forgot to enter the information about these changes into the task management software, and everyone else didn't notice it was missing, and thus we collectively failed to communicate this to you.

The reasoning behind adding new mechanics to the DLC was simple: our players have payed for their Season Passes without knowing what content the DLCs will bring. This includes many of our Kickstarter backers and those who've purchased the Imperial edition as well. Since a lot of our players are mainly interested in the gameplay and mechanics, delivering a full-price DLC that only adds story content (and in a separate campaign at that) would be rather unfair to them. These mechanical bonuses are meant to give gameplay-oriented backers what they paid for - new, extra content they can enjoy.

This content is completely additional, and is not "pushed onto" other players in any way: the enemy doesn't use the feats you don't have access to, you're not reminded of their existence to make you feel sorry you don't have them, etc. It is only meant as a way to slightly broaden the gameplay experience for those that wish to do so.

We are going to edit the Steam page of the DLC as soon as possible so that it shows everything that you get for your money. Sorry for the miscommunication, folks! It's completely on us.
    Last edited by k0tarsis; 03-11-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Pay to Play, the opposite of F2P, Free to Play
    I feel a bit awkward explaining this, but yes, we are an offline single-player video game, and traditional pay-to-play is, indeed, our model - not free-to-play, nor freemium, nor pay-to-win.

unannounced class features that you only get if you pay
    Our bad - we did fail to announce those feats (around 20 total). We'll fix that asap. However, all of the game is "you only get it if you pay", so that part is pretty much as usual? You buy the game and play it. If you like what you see and want some more, you buy some more - another companion with a new class and race, or a side campaign with some feats added on top.
    Last edited by k0tarsis; 03-11-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    I feel a bit awkward explaining this, but yes, we are an offline single-player video game, and traditional pay-to-play is, indeed, our model - not free-to-play, nor freemium, nor pay-to-win.
    P2P is kind of obvious, since you do buy the game to be able to play. It's not something you download for free lol.

Anyways I know what you meant. But to be fair, even PnP have this model of P2P. The core game for any DnD (or Pathfinder) books are player handbooks, monster manual and DM guide. Additionnal book that adds additionnal features (more classes, more feats, additionnal campaigns) are to be bought in order to be incorporated into the game.

Of course, it is less obvious that this is the model for PnP since you can just homebrew class or find cracked version on the internet. However, the game is designed like that. The most obvious example I can give you for that is that Aasimar is not a race that is in the core player handbook of DnD 5th edition. you have to buy the ''Xanathar's Guide to Everything'' (or the DM book, I don't remember which ''core'' race was not in PH but in Xanathar) to have the stats.

so adding a race, class or a few feats in a DLC is pretty much the same as what Paizo or WOTC do with their books release.

EDIT : that said, I was just stating facts. My opinion remains that I do believe that features for existing classes should be accessible to everyone. However that is the studio's decision and I do not feel so strongly about the matter that I'd submit a complaint.
    Last edited by Patriarche; 03-11-2019 at 06:22 PM.

sorry for double posts

We are going to edit the Steam page of the DLC as soon as possible so that it shows everything that you get for your money. Sorry for the miscommunication, folks! It's completely on us.
    just checked out the DLC page on Steam and there was no info about additional feats :| where would I find which feats are now accessible? I heard there was some candy for magus so I'd like to check them out before I finish Varnhold DLC

@Patriarche - good point! I've created a thread with a full list of class features the DLC adds to the game. I think I worded this poorly the first time: what I meant with "new feats for existing classes" was "class features", not "feats".

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showt...9033#post39033

@Patriarche - good point! I've created a thread with a full list of class features the DLC adds to the game. I think I worded this poorly the first time: what I meant with "new feats for existing classes" was "class features", not "feats".

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showt...9033#post39033
    *drowns in jubilation because of the new magus candy features*

I'm glad I picked magus and not sword saint when I started my main playthrough

[duplicate post]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast