Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Undocumented additions/content in 1.2.5?

A couple of individuals on Reddit are reporting that at some point during the 1.2.5 or 1.2.5d patch new abilities/options were added to classes (namely Magus and Alchemist, perhaps others), that are not documented in the changelog. Can anyone confirm whether this is true or not? I haven't seen any new Magus abilities myself, but I don't have the DLC enabled - hopefully that's not the reason.

I can confirm they implemented some of the metamagic arcana for Magus, which makes Reg a very happy boy

Followup questions:

Do you have the Varnhold DLC?

Has anyone who does NOT have the DLC gotten access to undocumented new abilities?

I have a feeling I know what the answer is; if I'm right... very very disappointing. I realize Owlcat is a company that needs to make money, but making class abilities available only for those who pay more...
    At least tell me very clearly if you're going to make me pay for new class abilities and say so in the documentation. This sort of thing makes me LESS likely to be willing to pay for additional content, or have anything to do with the entity that adopts such practices.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, and that there's been a mistake of some kind.
    Last edited by AlexDumas; 03-06-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ithildurnew@yahoo.com View Post
    Followup questions:

Do you have the Varnhold DLC?

Has anyone who does NOT have the DLC gotten access to undocumented new abilities?

I have a feeling I know what the answer is; if I'm right... very very disappointing. I realize Owlcat is a company that needs to make money, but making class abilities available only for those who pay more...
    At least tell me very clearly if you're going to make me pay for new class abilities and say so in the documentation. This sort of thing makes me LESS likely to be willing to pay for additional content, or have anything to do with the entity that adopts such practices.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, and that there's been a mistake of some kind.
    I believe the class kineticist is blocked with wildcard DLC, but I believe new features for existing class should be available for everyone, otherwise it doesnt make sense.

I know that Owlcat added some mimics and transforming oozes into Pitax. The undocumented changes aren't just in the classes.

They also keep adding item icons for the inventory screens.

Additional content is generally welcome (some of the icon changes were initially a bit confusing but neat)... unannounced class features that you only get if you pay... I didn't realize I'd bought into a partial P2P MMO model.
    Again, if this is how it's going to be, at least be up front and tell us about it. That's more likely to get my money into Owlcat's coffers than doing it behind my back. There's enough of that sort of nonsense going on in the world.

Again, if this is how it's going to be, at least be up front and tell us about it. That's more likely to get my money into Owlcat's coffers than doing it behind my back. There's enough of that sort of nonsense going on in the world.
    From experience, I'm pretty much vouching for Owlcat not being greedy bastards. They refused at several occasions the offer of rabid fans wanting to aggressively throw money at them for more content. The season pass for 3 DLCs is 28.99$ (https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...__Season_Pass/) which in the industry is basically the amount for a single DLC in any ubisoft/activision game.

I'm not trying to get you into buying the season pass. I'm just saying that Owlcat didn't seem to me like greedy bastards. Then again, my king icon said I paid at least 100$+ for the game, so maybe I'm not a reference in the matter :p

... a partial P2P MMO model. ...
    You probably mean P2W (pay to win), not P2P (peer to peer) ;)

Senior Member No One of Consequence's Avatar
    I got the Season pass and thus the DLC, so I can not check it myself, but could you provide more details on those new abilities ? What are they, specifically ?
    Please provide facts rather than vague accusations. It's always a better way of communicating.
    If you cannot provide details, please post the link to those reddit threads, so that we (players) and the devs may take a look into it and maybe clarify things. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You probably mean P2W (pay to win), not P2P (peer to peer) ;)
    P2P in game mean Pay to Play, the opposite of F2P, Free to Play

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast