Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    49
    Very nice do we get different kinds of campsite depending on gear e.g. Bedroll, tent, elaborate tent, daern's instant fortress? Can we set sentry's to take watch and prevent random encounters being short range sneak attacks?

    There's just so much that can be done with this conversations, group singing contests, experimenting with cooking recipes "Yea gods man Dire Boar tastes better than normal Boar we must have this at the castle feasts . . . how do raise a dire boar in captivity Zangil?" Ranger looks panicked. Even simply have the character filling in their diary for part of the sequence with their notes and drawings of the day's adventure.
    Last edited by Senko; 11-01-2017 at 10:17 PM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member HenriHakl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Stellenbosch, South Africa
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Senko View Post
    Very nice do we get different kinds of campsite depending on gear e.g. Bedroll, tent, elaborate tent, daern's instant fortress? Can we set sentry's to take watch and prevent random encounters being short range sneak attacks?
    There's definitely "guard" option for camping. Though I suspect each character basically gets to pick one of the options (guarding, cooking, hunting, etc)

  3. #23
    Senior Member Stratagemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Senko View Post
    Very nice do we get different kinds of campsite depending on gear e.g. Bedroll, tent, elaborate tent, daern's instant fortress? Can we set sentry's to take watch and prevent random encounters being short range sneak attacks?

    There's just so much that can be done with this conversations, group singing contests, experimenting with cooking recipes "Yea gods man Dire Boar tastes better than normal Boar we must have this at the castle feasts . . . how do raise a dire boar in captivity Zangil?" Ranger looks panicked. Even simply have the character filling in their diary for part of the sequence with their notes and drawings of the day's adventure.
    You can set sentries at watches to prevent sneak attacks, yes. There are multiple shifts if I remember correctly.

    In the Alpha at least you only get one type of campsite. Keep in mind, this is the alpha and that might change, but I don't think it will. What you end up doing if you choose to camp, and your cursor changes into a campsite template and then you find a place where the template is green (instead of red) and that's your suitable site for camping. You then click on it and the interface comes up. Given that? Changing the campsite layout isn't impossible, but it seems unlikely.

    In my experience, all party members who are writing books do mention that they're writing books. Often. In many situations. Both in and out of camping. They're like those people you see with laptops at coffee shops talking about how they're 'writing their novel', only, you know, actually writing books. probably. For all I know they could be giant frauds who have never written a single thing, and in fact are completely illiterate and incapable of writing. That could be a later plot point beyond the scope of the alpha! But it's severely unlikely.

    There are different recipes. But I didn't catch anyone talking about them that I recall. And no one was singing. Which is something I've been SUBTLY hinting that they should fix by adapting a song from Gilbert and Sullivan to Pathfinder (like 'With Catlike Tread'). But maybe my hints have been too subtle?

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    49
    Awww I'd have loved to be able to place a Daern's instant fortress down and get a little tower to sleep in at higher levels or even just going from a battered bedroll at the start to an elaborate tent at mid levels. Still I'll take what I can get I guess it'd be too hard to program something different even if my non-programmer mind say's keep the circle and just change what you see inside it.

    Hmmm an llliterate bard bragging about their bardic degree while praying no one ever actually looks into it could be an ineteresting NPC.

    Singing is traditional around a campfire though especially with dwarfs and their many popular hits like "Gold, Gold Gold." or "Gold!" or even the classical "GOOOOOLLLLLD."

  5. #25
    Senior Member Stratagemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Senko View Post
    Awww I'd have loved to be able to place a Daern's instant fortress down and get a little tower to sleep in at higher levels or even just going from a battered bedroll at the start to an elaborate tent at mid levels. Still I'll take what I can get I guess it'd be too hard to program something different even if my non-programmer mind say's keep the circle and just change what you see inside it.

    Hmmm an llliterate bard bragging about their bardic degree while praying no one ever actually looks into it could be an ineteresting NPC.

    Singing is traditional around a campfire though especially with dwarfs and their many popular hits like "Gold, Gold Gold." or "Gold!" or even the classical "GOOOOOLLLLLD."

    The name Daern is limited to Wizards of the Coast's use. In pathfinder they're just Instant Fortresses. Also, you wouldn't be able to see your teammates when they bustle around the campsite talking if they were inside a large stone tower.

    I don't think any of the bards are actually Illiterate, though one of the Devs on this board (Perpetual Nothing, Thainen, and Maybe even BersekerKitten, though they're not part of the DevTeam Itself) would know better. Also, not just bards are writing books. Jubilost (and this has been streamed publicly, so it's not a spoiler) is a writer as well. He's terrible. Not in terms of ability, just in terms of content. Remember! Anyone can take Craft: Book! Though, you know, not in this game since there are no craft skills, I mean it as a sort of general axiom.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    49
    Awww no craft skills I missed that news.

    You'd have a room inside the tower you see everyone in say a living room. Still even if we don't get the instant fortress we might be able to just upgrade the visual representation inside the circle from bedroll to fancy tent maybe.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Stratagemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Senko View Post
    Awww no craft skills I missed that news.

    You'd have a room inside the tower you see everyone in say a living room. Still even if we don't get the instant fortress we might be able to just upgrade the visual representation inside the circle from bedroll to fancy tent maybe.
    There are no craft, profession, or currently perform skills. the latter of which seems... problematic to me, but Bard isn't implemented yet so? Maybe?

  8. #28
    Senior Member HenriHakl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Stellenbosch, South Africa
    Posts
    529
    I feel it would be remiss to not point out that Dwarf songs are thematically diverse and besides the songs "Gold, Gold Gold", "Gold!" and "GOOOOOLLLLLD" they also have the spectacular "diggy diggy" (for gold).
    Last edited by HenriHakl; 11-06-2017 at 05:27 PM.

  9. #29
    i'm just starting and when i get to be able to rest i'm not getting rid of fatigue or regaining spells

  10. #30
    Senior Member Gellor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    114
    If you assign someone more than one role during a camp (more than one red dot) they do not get any enough rest, so remain fatigued/exhausted. This could be communicated better I will admit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •