Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Completionist questions (spoilers)

Hi everyone,

after having completed two games minus one endgame, there remain a few questions to which I haven't found answers on my own, nor from any other source I had access to. And since I'm an obsessive completionist, they keep nagging at me. I'd appreciate any answers from the experts here:

(1) I haven't managed to find all the recipes, and my experiments with starting several games appear to indicate their locations are random. So, is there at least a list of the recipes available, so that I might know what I missed?

(2) There is an achievement that says Complete Three "Kingdom as Companion" quests or such like. I haven't the slightest idea what that even is. What does it refer to? I haven't played Varnhold's Lot yet, so it may refer to that, but I seem to recall that achievement existed before the recent update.

(3) In my second game I managed to find all the artifact fragments....but one. I'm missing one of the Tiger's Stripes fragments, a "Leather Scrap covered in Ancient Runes". Naturally, I consulted a list, but all the existing lists appear to miss that fragment too. The very odd thing is, while I missed others in my first game, I got all the fragments of that item back then. What did I miss? Is there a complete list?

(4) I completed all but one of the artisan quests, and almost all of them a long time before endgame. However, I only got the special items from five of them (Bokken's elixir, Dragn's Armor, Varrask's Earth Breaker, Irlene's Grandmaster's Rod and Nazrielles sword "Perfection"). Is there any way to trigger the others (Mim, Sharel, Kimo and Shaynih'a) ? As for the one I didn't complete (or even get), Trival from Varnhold came to speak with me after finishing chapter 4 and said he wanted me to visit him, but when I did, I didn't get a quest from him. I could ask about a militia and he said it was doing well, but I never got a quest from him, nor did he ever make a gift, even less a special one. Was there something I did wrong or was it a bug? There also was no option to build a workshop for him.

(5) I noticed you can't loot the bodies of enemies affected by Baleful Polymorph. Their corpses have the items, but you can't pick them up. Is this intentional or a bug?

And lastly, a somewhat unrelated question. This game has quite the learning curve. I played my first game on Easy and cursed it to hell, my second one on normal with comparably smooth sailing, and now I'm playing chapter 1 on Challenging and didn't have to use a single healing potion or spell yet after several main-story-related combat encounters. However, I have to ask if you're really supposed to go into that spider-infested cave for Bokken as early as the journal indicates? IMO those spider swarms have way too many hit points to tackle them at level 2 only with a torch and alchemist's fire, especially since you have no way to cure attribute damage at that point. I used up 10 alchemists' fire for one of the swarms, after which I didn't have enoug for the second one. Am I missing some tactical element that would make this possible?

Thanks for any answers. I love this game. Easily one of my favorites of the last five years.

1- They're all scripted locations as far as I've seen
    2- This is achievable in the regular game. I'm not 100% sure how to get it, but I thought that it was just the progression quests like "rank up X times" etc.

4- Make sure that you upgrade their villages, and then their workshops. I think that Tirval wants you to complete a project before she starts.
    5- Rules as Written; all of your gear morphs into your body when you polymorph into a non-humanoid. So that's probably intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifta View Post
    5- Rules as Written; all of your gear morphs into your body when you polymorph into a non-humanoid. So that's probably intentional.
    It's still a bug, because you should be able to break enchantment/dispel the polymorph on the body and get access to the equipment that way.

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    There is a easier way of getting all of the recipes and that is to use this mod bag of tricks cheats and tools on nexusmods
    https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/26

Quote Originally Posted by The Infinity Sock View Post
    There is a easier way of getting all of the recipes and that is to use this mod bag of tricks cheats and tools on nexusmods
    https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/26
    As odd as that may seem to some, it's more important for me to find them than to have them. I want to know that I can complete the collection, and especially that I haven't failed to explore something. Once that's proven, I'm willing to bend the rules a little in later playthroughs, but not before. The only exception is if I know it can't be done legitimately.

That would be a limitation on the game engine rather than a bug. In the same way that Concentration checks are different, no 5-foot steps, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifta View Post
    That would be a limitation on the game engine rather than a bug. In the same way that Concentration checks are different, no 5-foot steps, etc.
    Is it though? People have reported that break enchantment/dispel doesn't work vs. polymorph on living targets either.

OK, there are a couple of pretty hard questions here! I'll keep posting answers as soon as I get them from those who designed the systems in question and edit them all into one.

(1)
    Here's a full list of recipes available in the game:

Baked Spider Legs
    Eating baked spider legs provides you with +3 bonus to Fortitude saving throws for a day.

Black Linnorm Stew
    Eating a black linnorm stew provides you with a +2 bonus to maximum HP per character level and fast healing 1 for a day.

Broiled Tuskwater Oysters
    Eating broiled Tuskwater oysters provides you with +1 bonus to all spells' DC for a day.

Cheese Crostata
    Eating a cheese crostata extends the time you can go without a rest before becoming fatigued for 6 hours. This effect lasts one day.

Chocolate Ice Cream
    Eating a chocolate ice cream provides you with +3 bonus to all skill checks for a day.

First World Mince Pie
    Eating a First World mince pie provides you with a +4 bonus to random ability score for a day.

Fish-on-a-Stick
    Eating a fish-on-a-stick extends the time you can go without a rest before becoming fatigued for 4 hours. This effect lasts one day.

Galt Ragout
    Eating a Galt ragout extends the time you can go without a rest before becoming fatigued for 4 hours. This effect lasts one day.

Giant Scrambled Egg With Shambletus
    Eating a giant scrambled egg with shambletus provides you with a +3 bonus to attack and damage rolls, all skill checks and all saving throws for a day.

Grilled Silver Eel
    Eating a grilled silver eel provides you with +10 movement speed bonus for a day.

Haggis
    Eating a haggis provides you with +1 bonus on all saving throws for a day.

Hearty Meal
    Eating a hearty meal provides you with +1 bonus on all saving throws for a day.

Hearty Purple Soup
    Eating a hearty purple soup provides you with immunity to all poisons and diseases for a day. It also removes all poison and disease effects, and fully restores HP.

Hunter's Roast
    Eating a hunter's roast provides you with 1 temporary hit point per level for a day.

Jeweled Rice
    Eating a jeweled rice provides you with +5 bonus to movement speed for a day.

Kameberry Pie
    Eating a kameberry pie provides you with fast healing 1 for a day.

Mastodon Steak
    Eating a mastodon steak provides you with +1.5 temporary hit point per character level (rounded down).

Monster Casserole
    Eating a monster casserole provides you with +2 bonus on damage rolls for a day.

Onion Soup
    Eating an onion soup provides you with +1 bonus on all saving throws for a day.

Owlbear Omelet
    Eating an owlbear omelet provides you with +1 bonus on all attack rolls for a day.

Rice-n-Nut Pudding
    Eating a rice-n-nut pudding provides you with +5 movement speed bonus for a day.

Seasoned Wings and Thighs
    Eating seasoned wings and thighs provides you with 1 temporary hit point per level for a day.

Shepherd's Pie
    Eating a shepherd's pie provides you with +1 bonus on all saving throws for a day.

Smoked Trout and Hydra Pate
    Eating a smoked trout pate provides you with +1 bonus to AC for a day.

Succulent Sausages
    Eating succulent sausages provides you with +1 temporary hit point per character level.

Sweet Pancakes
    Eating sweet pancakes provides you with +5 bonus to movement speed for a day.

Taffy
    Eating a taffy provides you with +3 bonus to Will saving throws for a day.

Whiterose Oysters
    Eating Whiterose oysters provides you with a +4 bonus to all Concentration checks and caster level checks for a day. It also increases your spells' DC by +2 for a day.

(2)
    "Kingdom as Companion" refers to the design principle we adhered to while building the Kingdom: ideally, your country should become like another companion to you. It shares in your adventures, it requires attention, but also helps you (even in terms of loot, he-he). Here, it refers to the fact that your kingdom has an identity of its own, and thus an alignment. There are a few quests before "Varnhold Vanishing" and before and after "War of the River Kings" that deal with representatives of different countries and different alignments. You need to complete 3 of those to get the achievement.
    Last edited by k0tarsis; 03-27-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Demn those recipes. Exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by k0tarsis View Post
    Baked Spider Legs
    Eating baked spider legs provides you with +3 bonus to Fortitude saving throws for a day.
    eating spider legs make you more resistant to spider's venom :p a well known fact

Cheese Crostata
    Eating a cheese crostata extends the time you can go without a rest before becoming fatigued for 6 hours. This effect lasts one day.
    holy shit and here I was happy with galt ragout

First World Mince Pie
    Eating a First World mince pie provides you with a +4 bonus to random ability score for a day.
    First world mince pie? Is it first world as meaning it is fey minced meat that was baked in a pie? :o

Giant Scrambled Egg With Shambletus
    Eating a giant scrambled egg with shambletus provides you with a +3 bonus to attack and damage rolls, all skill checks and all saving throws for a day.
    Holy shit that recipe.

Hearty Purple Soup
    Eating a hearty purple soup provides you with immunity to all poisons and diseases for a day. It also removes all poison and disease effects, and fully restores HP.
    (almost) a cleric in a meal :)

Smoked Trout and Hydra Pate
    Eating a smoked trout pate provides you with +1 bonus to AC for a day.
    I'd really like to try a mixed of smoked fish and hydra meat in a pate

"Kingdom as Companion" refers to the design principle we adhered to while building the Kingdom: ideally, your country should become like another companion to you. It shares in your adventures, it requires attention, but also helps you (even in terms of loot, he-he). Here, it refers to the fact that your kingdom has an identity of its own, and thus an alignment. There are a few quests before "Varnhold Vanishing" and before and after "War of the River Kings" that deal with representatives of different countries and different alignments. You need to complete 3 of those to get the achievement.
    That is odd. I am unaware of having missed or failed any quests at all in my last playthrough, except for artisan quests. Does the achievement depend on how you complete them? Is there a list of these quests?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast