Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar

A Lack Of Prestige Classes

Owlcat has done a great job on the base classes but i have notes that there are not that many prestige classes in kingmaker as much as i would like to have the witch class in this game i think there need to start making more prestige classes here is what prestige classes i would like to have the hellknights and the demoniac prestige classes if we are going to hell we might as well take a pit stop to the abyss so what prestige classes do you lot want in kingmaker

Red Mantis Assassin. That most of all.
    Agent of the Grave.
    Hellknight Signifier.
    Champion of Irori.
    Magaambyan Arcanist.
    Maybe Thuvian Alchemist?

Well here is the core prestige classes that are missing from kingmaker

Arcane Archer
    Assassin
    Loremaster
    Pathfinder Chronicler
    Shadowdancer

And here are the advanced prestige classes that are also is missing from kingmaker

Battle Herald
    Holy Vindicator
    Horizon Walker
    Master Chymist
    Master Spy
    Nature Warden
    Rage Prophet

A lot of these can be emulated though the archetypes. I appreciate that they're distinct in some respects, but the amount of work to implement them for the minimal difference wouldn't be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifta View Post
    A lot of these can be emulated though the archetypes. I appreciate that they're distinct in some respects, but the amount of work to implement them for the minimal difference wouldn't be worth it.
    Champion of Irori does have the Iroran Paladin Archetype as an alternative, But Hellknight Signifier? Magaambyan Arcanist? Agent of the Grave? Red Mantis Assassin? They're very steeped in lore, and don't really have mechanically equivalent archetypes.

Runeguard could be a good prestige class to add in pathfinder kingmaker here is the link to the prestige class http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/pres...n-r/runeguard/

Why is there a Red Mantis Assassin creating a settlement in the Stolen Lands? Or a Hellknight building a kingdom that isn't even on the way to the worldwound?

These don't really fit with the theme of the game, so why spend time shoehorning it in? Everything cost money, and this is a terrible ROI that adds very little to the game mechanically, and basically nothing thematically.

Also, Rage Prophet would need Oracle.

Just Mechanically; Master Spy is a completely useless class in this game. Only 3 of the 15 abilities actually do anything, and 2 of those are sneak attacks. The last one is a reaction to mind effecting which coves maybe 0.01% of the situations in the game.

I'm just suggesting that you consider the cost/return of the additions you're suggesting. When you say "missing" you're saying that devs fucked up by not including it. I think that they looked at all of the prestige classes and specifically picked the ones that support the theme and mechanics of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifta View Post
    Why is there a Red Mantis Assassin creating a settlement in the Stolen Lands? Or a Hellknight building a kingdom that isn't even on the way to the worldwound?

These don't really fit with the theme of the game, so why spend time shoehorning it in? Everything cost money, and this is a terrible ROI that adds very little to the game mechanically, and basically nothing thematically.

Also, Rage Prophet would need Oracle.

Just Mechanically; Master Spy is a completely useless class in this game. Only 3 of the 15 abilities actually do anything, and 2 of those are sneak attacks. The last one is a reaction to mind effecting which coves maybe 0.01% of the situations in the game.

I'm just suggesting that you consider the cost/return of the additions you're suggesting. When you say "missing" you're saying that devs fucked up by not including it. I think that they looked at all of the prestige classes and specifically picked the ones that support the theme and mechanics of the game.
    Hellknights don't have anything to do with the Worldwound. they're generally in Cheliax. And Varisia. And Nidal. They're all over.

Red antis doesn't fit the theme, true. But neither do ddinosaurs and I still wanna be a Druid with a T-Rex (and so does almost everyone else). Golarion is literally Fantasy Kitchen Sink in terms of setting. It's fine.

I would really like to see Loremaster, myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast