Amiri, her sword, feats, and bonuses...

This has probably been discussed to death somewhere else but I failed to find it. I'm hoping to get some advice from the forums here as to how best to approach Amiri as she levels with that sword of hers...

I aim to go with at least an RP lite approach with my play-throughs, so I'd like to keep her with focusing on being able to fully wield that sword in the end game at least. The trouble I'm finding though, is that it's listed as a bastard sword, which she doesn't seem to have a proficiency with. It also seems she doesn't take any penalties from lacking said proficiency, so there's that, but the trouble then would be that it seems for her to get improved critical with her chosen weapon, you have to spend an extra feat on exotic weapon proficiency first, otherwise weapon focus and then improved critical just aren't options.

I'm just checking here to see what other peoples' thoughts are and to see if I'm missing anything, but that's how I'm reading the situation at the minute. I'm also using the re-spec mod and turned her into an invulnerable rager, so maybe I removed her exotic proficiency before and didn't realize it? Whatever the case your thoughts and feedback are appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by SemperPearce View Post
    The trouble I'm finding though, is that it's listed as a bastard sword, which she doesn't seem to have a proficiency with.
    She starts with Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword). It's either her first level feat, or Human bonus feat, just check out her character page.

Edit: So, yes, you did remove her EWP when you did the respec. Her first 2 feats are EWP, and Toughness.

Another edit: Due to technical limitations that weren't worth implementing in this game, you technically don't have to have EWP, but it is straight up cheating to remove it (up to you whether you care about that).
    Last edited by Grifta; 04-01-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifta View Post
    Another edit: Due to technical limitations that weren't worth implementing in this game, you technically don't have to have EWP, but it is straight up cheating to remove it (up to you whether you care about that).
    Thanks Grifta,

Yeah that was unintended on my part, honestly though it wouldn't be the most effective cheat though, as if someone ever wanted her to use that weapon with feats like improved critical, they'd have to go back and pick it up again anyway.

I might have to respec her again considering my earlier mishap lol.