Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar

Political Marriage

I think owlcat missed a good opportunity by not putting in political marriage like game of thrones style into kingmaker

I agree, however it depends on how much depth you'd want into the political marriage feature

would you like it to be a romance quest and get to know the person before mutually wanting to marry, or would you like it to be just a line in a conversation which says ''Let's marry into Brevoy/Surtova to further strenghten our bonds'' and not actually see the person you marry, or something in between?

Would you like it to have a generic male/female for each faction (Brevoy or Surtova, mainly, considering how Pitax diplomacy goes in the game) or would you like to have several choices for each factions?

From which chapter do you think this should become a possibility? From chapter 4 or at the end-game as an epilogue narration?

Would you rather have that feature rather than more story content/gameplay mechanics/new classes/hotfixes?

I understand why Owlcat didn't implement this feature (yet? maybe later who knows), although I'd like to have the political marriage as well and the possibilitty to have a heir as well. Watch him grow would be swell, but would require several more chapters to be included in the game with major time gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarche View Post
    I agree, however it depends on how much depth you'd want into the political marriage feature

would you like it to be a romance quest and get to know the person before mutually wanting to marry, or would you like it to be just a line in a conversation which says ''Let's marry into Brevoy/Surtova to further strenghten our bonds'' and not actually see the person you marry, or something in between?

Would you like it to have a generic male/female for each faction (Brevoy or Surtova, mainly, considering how Pitax diplomacy goes in the game) or would you like to have several choices for each factions?

From which chapter do you think this should become a possibility? From chapter 4 or at the end-game as an epilogue narration?

Would you rather have that feature rather than more story content/gameplay mechanics/new classes/hotfixes?

I understand why Owlcat didn't implement this feature (yet? maybe later who knows), although I'd like to have the political marriage as well and the possibilitty to have a heir as well. Watch him grow would be swell, but would require several more chapters to be included in the game with major time gaps.
    Well if owlcat does put in political marriage into kingmaker there would need to put in a new chapter to make it work on a heir i think that would work better in a expansion pack

I'm totally on board with this idea, but do you think it will be a nightmare to execute?

Since it sorta needs to be interwoven with the primary romance in general, political climate in game, etc etc.

I think the political marriage should be optional from the get go (through a matchmaker) but the most powerful houses can only be attainabme if you're queen/king. You aint talking about 'feewings' here, just looking to solidify houses for more power.

Then there is that thing wether you will still pursue a companion for LI or not, wether they'll be okay or not, wether your political fiance is in the know or in the dark or not (or will that trigger a problem from their house)
    Honestly I can see Lander and Irovetti going for political marriage. Wether there's an attempt of assasination during the wedding night, that will be a different story on it's own XD

But yes. I'm on board for establishing my hegemony or even having heir(s).
    I sorta envisioned if you decided to marry your LI companion, the path to glory most likely be achieve through steel and diplomacy. But fewer court intrigue.
    If you marry someone of a powerful house, the path of conquest will be more of a game of wealth and intrigue. But lesser bloodbath.

Plus, I think it would be cool if you managed to drag that (un)lucky individual down the aisle, s/he gets a specific item, "Consort's corronet" XD (since I think only the head of state gets to wear a crown)

I dunno, I really liked the 1 political marriage they did include, it's hard to beat the advantages there.

I agree both that would be nice to have political marriage in the game and that should be optional.
    And it should have both some tangible benefits (boost in kingdom stats and maybe a magic item) and hindrances (a quest dealing with your husband/wife problems).

I think it'll be humorous if your king/queen can marry Irovetti without dissolving both nations into one country just to spite Nyarissa, earn the ire of Engledis and getting awkward reactions from Mosconi and the rest of the population or even get funny response from the Lantern King.
    Weather it will end in flames or slightly worse or just plain tolerating each other will depend on game choices =D

Quote Originally Posted by close2myheart View Post
    I think it'll be humorous if your king/queen can marry Irovetti without dissolving both nations into one country just to spite Nyarissa, earn the ire of Engledis and getting awkward reactions from Mosconi and the rest of the population or even get funny response from the Lantern King.
    Weather it will end in flames or slightly worse or just plain tolerating each other will depend on game choices =D
    That would be funny to see happen