What is Linzi's logic here?

https://imgur.com/5HAcjoK

I'm not quite seeing the link here, how opening Publishing Houses abroad has anything to do with helping refugees, asylum seekers and the like.

Furthermore, if our people have no fear traveling abroad, why further help them more with publishing houses, instead of helping refugees since apparently they are mutually exclusive goals?

Thats indeed strange it sounds a bit like she would like the press (financed by your kingdom) in other countries to be our spies and recruit more spies. So far so good, but is she implying to only recruit refugees because they do the better spy-work... in a country they probably want to excape from?

Thats the only conclusion I can come too. And thats already stupid AND disturbing.

I don't understand why you see a link between refugees and opening publishing houses or even spying. The three choices are not linked to each others it's just at the point where you diplomacy is, you can have more possibilities but you can do only one. Probably due to limited ressources, even if you are one of the best in diplomacy, you are not a god or supreme being. You are limited by the resources available.

Linzi's point of view, it's logical to prefer this option over the rest since she is passionate about book and everything about the literature.

You're right they aren't related at all: she just wants a printing house, and thought this would be a good time to bring it up. Linzi isn't a very good advisor, if you haven't figured it out already.

Linzi is not a bad diplomacy advisor (not the best indeed but not a bad) and her idea is good.

Because when you travel for a long time in foreign country, it's good thing to have some news from your home. It's maybe something we forgot with Internet because we can have any news from anywhere at any moment. But in Pathfinder universe there is no such things like Internet (I guess, I'm not a expert over Golarion) so having a newspaper printed for all around the world, it's something really nice for the citizen traveling to have some news about their homeland.
    Last edited by Ezard; 04-10-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Yeah you are right, just my viewed is a bit color because a certain action she did earlier >:(

Well it's presented like we can accept these people being persecuted in other lands or instead of that let's make a newspaper for our citizens living elsewhere who are free to come and go and are wealthy enough to do so.

It's just a separate thing all together, they have nothing to do with each other, and it paints Linzi like she's a heartless elitist, which she isn't.

I may replace her as soon as I decide on a suitable candidate.

It's your vision but you'll be disappointed since Linzi is surely the more gentle candidate for diplomatic post. The other candidate are Valerie (lawfull-neutral) and Bartholomew (neutral-evil) and I'm not sure about that but I doubt they will be preocupied by some refugees. I would add that you are not forced to follow every advise from yours advisors. For this choice, I prefered to take the option to create a regiment of foreigner and Linzy was also happy about that.

Linzi is a Charisma based Caster, not an intelligence based caster. When speaking of things that are her strong point? Logic and thinking things through logically, not one of those.

As others have pointed out, she is outlining the 3 separate options that are open to you: open publishing houses abroad, create a sort of Foreign Legion that grants citizenship to those who fight for you, or spend time and money promoting your kingdom as a political safe haven.

I agree that the boundaries between the 3 propositions she makes are not very clear. This could have been worded better - something for us to keep in mind for the next time!

As for her logic - why she thinks that opening publishing houses abroad is better than the other two options - well, to me it just looks like the first option hit her soft spot. This is a moment where her personal interests and preferences take the upper hand over her moral compass and alignment.
    She's just too excited about printing, publishing, writing and the like to pass up this opportunity... or to notice that there are other things she could, or even should, be thinking about.

Finally, the decision to open publishing houses does not mean that your kingdom will not accept any refugees - you just won't put extra time and resources into that. So I wouldn't go as far as to say she's being a "cold-hearted elitist". I do agree, however, that she overlooks the most virtuous option. But it's easy to see why she would, given the other options open to her.