Shelyn's Chosen quest; is there a failed indication?

Hi all,
    I'm doing the Val questline, and Fredero is not at Olegs. After some reading on the forums I learned that this quest is timed.... Because I was prioritising the main quest I could have missed it.

But the quest isn't marked as failed, is this a bug, or is it supposed to work like this? With other quest I got a failed notification which made it possible to go back a few saves or at least know that something happened.

I'm at Olegs now, the quest is still "open" in my quest log but there is just no Fredero.... Anyone else run in to this? Any solutions or ideas what happened?

It should have the failed indicator on it if you missed the deadline. It happened for me at least, failure due to waiting too long, and I was able to look up the quest and see that it was marked as failed. I just reloaded and head into Oleg's with her. Gotta love those unmarked timers!

If you're not seeing any indicator whatsoever when you look at your completed quests, that could very well be some sort of bug.

Thanks, for the reply! Mmmm I just reloaded a few saves back and still no Freddy and still no failed indicator. Kinda annoying cause now I’m in doubt. If I missed it I missed it I am no replaying a already 70 hour campaign. But now I wonder if it’s the bug Him not showing up. Is there anyway to check this or force him showing up or failing.

Btw where is he? Inside our next to Boken and Oleg?

He'd be standing with his retinue just at the gate of Oleg's trading post.

If the event that triggers him showing up, which I would think is the letter being sent to you to meet him hasn't triggered, there might be a way to edit your save file to make it happen, but I wouldn't know how to go about that unfortunately.

Ahum...my bad... I seemed to walked past him when I was walking in (twice, also when I reloaded my earlier savestate). Good reminder not to walk with my map open. Tnx. for the replies Semper, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmp View Post

Btw where is he? Inside our next to Boken and Oleg?
    outsides Oleg's post near the gate, opposite of the direction from which your party arrives. There are 3 of them, very visible. If they do not appear, report a bug by pressing F11.

if you play with mods check if they are compatible with the latest patches that Owlcat released.
    Maybe you would need to remove a couple mods or load an older version of the game if it conflicts somehow.