18. You may not vote on this poll
  • In

7 38.89%
  • Out

11 61.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by evelynstarshine View Post
    You travel quite fast for how big the place is. It'd nice to be able to buy saddle ponys or wagons and donkeys or something to increase inventory size and slight increase to overmap travel time?
    What you can allready do is: (just few examples, I bet there is way more)
    - Use strong animal companions (they carry some of party inventory stuff)
    - Use +STR items
    - Use +STR buffs (and other buffs like Enlarge)
    - Use magic bags
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Quote Originally Posted by evelynstarshine View Post
    slight increase to overmap travel time?
    So something like a Horse-breeding Center upgrade in the Kamelands? ;)

There really are mounts. You just don't see people riding them because it would take a massive amount of animating work for minuscule benefit.
    Last edited by Grifta; 04-29-2019 at 04:34 PM. Reason: changed to specifically quote the speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifta View Post
    So something like a Horse-breeding Center upgrade in the Kamelands? ;)

There really are mounts. You just don't see people riding them because it would take a massive amount of animating work for minuscule benefit.
    I already mentionned the region upgrade in Kamelands, I just said it's weird that you don't get horses while traveling. No where it is said that you are traveling on horse, and I don't get the impression that my party travels faster than the beginning of the game in which we were no-name with not a penny in our possession, so chapter 1 is definitively horses-free.

Being able to visit a stable in your capital that allows you to choose which mounts you want to ride would be nice. From horses that are more durable/faster to giant salamanders that could even become a pet for fighting?

That would be swell in actual PnP but in CRPG it actually loses its interest. Would be like running full ranger party with animal companions (12 total member party), the game would break.

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriarche View Post
    I already mentionned the region upgrade in Kamelands, I just said it's weird that you don't get horses while traveling. No where it is said that you are traveling on horse, and I don't get the impression that my party travels faster than the beginning of the game in which we were no-name with not a penny in our possession, so chapter 1 is definitively horses-free.

Being able to visit a stable in your capital that allows you to choose which mounts you want to ride would be nice. From horses that are more durable/faster to giant salamanders that could even become a pet for fighting?

That would be swell in actual PnP but in CRPG it actually loses its interest. Would be like running full ranger party with animal companions (12 total member party), the game would break.
    If i remember right dragon age inquisition did the same thing so i don't see why kingmaker can't do the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by The Infinity Sock View Post
    If i remember right dragon age inquisition did the same thing so i don't see why kingmaker can't do the same thing
    dragon age inquisition was garbage and doesn't even deserve to stay beneath the foot of dragon age origins.

I'm a tad exagerating, I REALLY enjoyed the crafting system, mining my ressources while on mission and then come back into the crafting part of my keep to make my armor and weapon. How many time did I spent (and actually imagining it was myself doing the hammering and the likes) making weapons and armors, and the feeling of wearing what I made myself.

I understand why so many people complain about the lack of crafting system in kingmaker. Nothing beats doing all the steps yourself. It was actually the thing I enjoyed the most in the game. And I soloed dragons head-on (mostly because the poor AI made my companions die like crippled flies... I miss the macros from dragon age origins)

Speaking of Inquisition, maybe not the best example;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7nredCVqx4

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifta View Post
    Speaking of Inquisition, maybe not the best example;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7nredCVqx4
    Well it the only game i know that you can pick a drake for a mount and others

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12