• In

7 38.89%
  • Out

11 61.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounts

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar

Mounts

Would you lot like to have mounts for fast travel in kingmaker here is the full list of what type of mounts you can have in pathfinder https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Category:Mounts
    Last edited by The Infinity Sock; 04-28-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Infinity Sock View Post
    Would you lot like to have mounts in kingmaker here is the full list of what type of mounts you can have in pathfinder https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Category:Mounts
    Problem with mounts / cavalry / flying units is kind of same as polymorph (certain type) or burrowing or change to mist kind of spells.
    If you can spy other people or move under / over / through things it will make computer game design (as work) really hard. IF you do not give that option it will make people who play it kind of angry and they will remember it (yes, looking for you Vampire game.. you had great clans and all that but why you were not able to move behind door if you were mist form or go inde from little holes if you were transformed as horde of rats.. ..and if answer is "game developers did not create any space there or even think that someone might want to go there.. "..that answer is wrong and bad)

So if I have something what move faster then people can run.. ..why I can not outrun monsters? If I have flying mount / spell or so why I can not just transfer myself top of mountain or tree? If I have jump ability why I can not go across the little wall and so on.. ..if you do not have something (like ability to jump around, swim or climb) you do not complain every area you can not go across. But if you have these abilities yes. You do expect to be able to try and check every single place where it is just humanly (or what ever your race is) possible to go and try these things.

Allso if we think only this game we have now. Adding a mounts would need HUGE amount of work. Not because of animations but because all else we would get from it. Even ability for druid to shapechange for badger (and naturally burrow...) would need plenty of changes for game.

Would we be happy if we would get a new item "showel" maybe yes. With ability to "dig a hole". But if we would never be able to find anything from that hole or get anything more from it.. ..it would not be so great. If there would be only certain places (well market) where we can dig and maybe showel nearby to be find.. ..how great and innovative that addon for game would be? So kind of same problem. Having mounts, nice.. ..but then we have ability to transfer as dragon.. ...why we can not fly or take atleast some of our party in our back? So technicly we do have mounts.. as dragons. (Well, you get it kind of late but still.)
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 04-27-2019 at 09:04 PM.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

No, because mounted combat has massive problems within tabletop and those would be highlighted even more in a CRPG. The class would essentially become a liability everytime you enter a cave, dungeon, etc. unless you do a tiny mount and you'd still have the problem of charging being sorta wonky

There's a reason why "travel" spells like Mount, Levitate, Fly, Airwalk or Teleport aren't in any CRPG based on D&D or Pathfinder.

poll didn't say exactly what aspect of mounting we wanted.

I agree about the mounted combat would be hard to apply on CRPG. the maps would feel very small and I believe a full charge on horse requires more than just 10 feet like on foot.

However, I do agree that being able to get some mounts for the fast travel on the map would be swell. I know that one of kamelands upgrade is more or less exactly that, but it feels weird that there is only one way to get horses when there are some *horsing* around the capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarche View Post
    poll didn't say exactly what aspect of mounting we wanted.

I agree about the mounted combat would be hard to apply on CRPG. the maps would feel very small and I believe a full charge on horse requires more than just 10 feet like on foot.

However, I do agree that being able to get some mounts for the fast travel on the map would be swell. I know that one of kamelands upgrade is more or less exactly that, but it feels weird that there is only one way to get horses when there are some *horsing* around the capital.
    Sorry my bad i have added to my first comment for fast travel mounts i do agree with you on not using them for combat it would be to much work for owlcat
    Last edited by The Infinity Sock; 04-28-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Infinity Sock View Post
    Sorry my bad i have added to my first comment for fast travel mounts i do agree with you on not using them for combat it would be to much work for owlcat

the swag you'd have riding on your juggernaut beetle though

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarche View Post
    the swag you'd have riding on your juggernaut beetle though
    True i do find it funny that a king or queen has to walk to travel you would think that a ruler would have a carriage like this

I'm pretty sure that map travel in Kingmaker already has mounts. You travel at mounted speed, but they just abstract away the actual horses.

You travel quite fast for how big the place is. It'd nice to be able to buy saddle ponys or wagons and donkeys or something to increase inventory size and slight increase to overmap travel time?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast