Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar

Fey Lord Spoiler Warning

Do you think that the main character could become a fey lord if you do the hidden romance with nyrissa you can end up becoming a immortal the same way as a fey creature also by taking down the lantern king you end up leaving a power vacuum might be a good idea for a dlc

Imho that was one of the things I hated about ToB from Baldurs Gate 2. Yes it made sense and was fitting to the story, but come on gods in Forgotten Realms or Golarion do not give up that easy!

I imagine the same for the Lantern King and whatever we did slowed him, annoyed him, distracted him until he finally stops his stupid "1000 kingdoms destroyed"-curse. But I seriously doubt it was anything permanent. He might actually have lost interest in our favourite nymph-goddess, lets be happy with that and not tread anymore in his territory. I would not exceed my expectation beyond that.

More DLC's are of course always a good idea no doubt. But godhood in any way is in my opinion the wrong direction.
    A plot about his power vacuum and the trouble that gives the first world would certainly be a suitable idea but more adventuring less personal destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by alexandh@gmx.de View Post
    Imho that was one of the things I hated about ToB from Baldurs Gate 2. Yes it made sense and was fitting to the story, but come on gods in Forgotten Realms or Golarion do not give up that easy!

I imagine the same for the Lantern King and whatever we did slowed him, annoyed him, distracted him until he finally stops his stupid "1000 kingdoms destroyed"-curse. But I seriously doubt it was anything permanent. He might actually have lost interest in our favourite nymph-goddess, lets be happy with that and not tread anymore in his territory. I would not exceed my expectation beyond that.

More DLC's are of course always a good idea no doubt. But godhood in any way is in my opinion the wrong direction.
    A plot about his power vacuum and the trouble that gives the first world would certainly be a suitable idea but more adventuring less personal destiny.
    Well if we do get any kind of godhood in a dlc it needs to be in a ending and it needs to be the last dlc playing as a god would be to overpowered

The Problem is not the order or the sense it really makes. The problem is more that many players for some reason expect to become some kind of superbeing ready to smash worlds at the very end of their career. Baldurs gate and NWN 2 did exactly that.

Obviously seetlingdown as a imortal queen in a (rather large) Kingdom is not enough for many.
    Don't take it personally you are certainly not the first to suggest that and I do think more DLC's are a good thing for sure. I just do not think that all the RPG's need to end in the godhood path. For the simple reason that godhood then becomes less of an achievment and happens everywhere.

Something a bit more creative and if its just part-time-ruler / part-time planetraveller just seems way more logical.

Also in my opinion the finish is fine as it is. Maybe it would be nice, as I had already suggested, a DLC to restore a Linzi body to a high-level quest for those who love that sort of thing (for example a very difficult dungeon with an artifact to use in that sense). Going back to the initial discussion, even in my opinion going by force to search for the divine way is not something that all players appreciate. The final of BG2 I expected it to be. The character is half a deity, but in P: KM the character in theory is a common adventurer.

I would be up for a dlc that restore linzi back to life

Heck I'd buy any story driven dlc so the queen/king can go on adventuring again with her companions. Be it mid game or post ending.

Quote Originally Posted by close2myheart View Post
    Heck I'd buy any story driven dlc so the queen/king can go on adventuring again with her companions. Be it mid game or post ending.
    Same here that's why i thought the story of 2rd dlc was a bad move dlcs are not very long to begin with so making us make a new character seems to be a waste of time it would have been much better to have a story with the main character from kingmaker