2 3.13%
  • Witch

16 25.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Classes

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar

Future Classes

Vote for the class you would like to see added in a future dlc
    Last edited by The Infinity Sock; 05-25-2019 at 08:09 PM.

As much as I'd like a Summoner.
    A Shifter would interest me a lot more!

Senior Member The Infinity Sock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandh@gmx.de View Post
    As much as I'd like a Summoner.
    A Shifter would interest me a lot more!
    If i could only pick summoner or shifter as new classes i would go with shifter it does seem more interesting as a class

Oracle. Easily the best class for the main character. Charisma for BOTH social interactions and spellcasting (and even Armor Class with the right Mysteries).

Gunslinger. Because i want firearms on the game :)

Witch, no contest.

I prefer oracle. Revelations, spontaneous spell casting und being (rather) independent from the gods fit my taste way more than the cleric.

Looking at the classes, it partly depends on implementation. PnP gunslinger seems to be busy to overcome all the shortcomings of their favored weapon (as I read, never played one), PnP shifter is actually more about claws than shifting, PnP summoner might bring overpowered eidolons to the table, PnP vigilante lures you with a power upgrade on fighter or rogue (depending on specialization) but forces this dual identity stuff on you and PnP witch can be as brokenly powerful as any full caster on the long run (which includes oracle, of course).

witch, so long as that also adds the hexcrafter magus archetype

Hellknights, the one we did not get (because we did not collect 1.1M$)

"
    They are intimidation, relentlessness, and unwavering conviction. They are the black-gauntleted fist of absolute order. They are the Hellknights! Provide your character with even more options to choose from, including unique abilities and items for the Hellknights, as well as the quest line dedicated to the their presence in the Stolen Lands. Face them on the field of battle or fight by their side - the choice is yours to make.
    "
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

I voted for Summoner, but I figure Witch and Oracle are the most likely to be included in future DLC or games. Gunslingers have balance issues and the fact that some people just don't like guns in their fantasy settings, Shifters are the newest and cover similar ground to Druids with shapeshifting, Vigilantes would require a lot of extra writing or specific campaigns, and as much as I want to see the Summoner, letting players design their own Eidolon's stats, equipment, and appearance would probably require a ton of work. That kinda makes it appropriate for DLC, but the modeling and additional UI might make it hard to justify. Oracle and Witch are fairly straightforward, though while I would like future games to have text and story moments tailored to your class, so the Oracle's curses might pose some challenges there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast