Nixies in the second room of the dungeon...

I posted this at the steam forums as well, but I want to post it here as well so there is a higher chance a developer sees it.

So I'm playing Beneath The Stolen Lands as a Aasimar Monk in a solo run. This monk is a dex based monk with 9 STR meaning I do 1-5 (1d6-1) damage. In the second room of the dungeon I'm facing a Nixie that has DR 5 meaning I can't damage her. But she only spams Touch of Acid that does 1d4 Acid against my Acid resistance so she can't hurt me either so the fight never ends.
    I get that the dungeons are random but having to restart everytime I encounter a Nixie is stupid... If I had progressed a little more then I could probably buy some times to deal with her but not right at level one...

So would it be possible not to have DR 5 enemies in the first floor of the dungeon?

Edit: There is also no Cold Iron weapon for sale in the shops...
    Last edited by nathler; 06-06-2019 at 07:16 PM.

The game isn't meant to Solo. A party with a Wizard could Bypass her DR with Jolt, Acid Splash or ray of frost.

Soloing significantly narrows down the possible choices - you have to cover everything, starting at level 1. This includes damage reduction. Ok, sometimes campaigns have kids gloves on at level 1 (and maybe 2), but that's likely not the case for the dungeon.

I'd go with Str 12 instead of 9 - it solves the problem, has a few small benefits (carrying capacity, combat maneuver defense, a few skill checks) and is inexpensive. Still there is no guarantee a monk will make it to level 20 without companions. I tried soloing the original campaign with a monk, actually - and I stopped at level 13 (or so), because I only had access to lower level items.

Good luck, whether you still want to go solo or try with companions first.

Developer
    You have a lot of money with you since you did not spend 1500 on companions. You can use them to buy potions, alchemist's fires, and acid flasks.

Another trick is just don't fight them. Stealth and just plain running away can help a lot.